Pregnant after IF
Options

Looking for encouragement

Good afternoon ladies! 

Some of you may recognize me from 3T. As you can see in my siggy, we have been TTC since April 2010 with a diagnosis of LPD/Unexplained. This morning was my egg retrieval for IVF #1 and all we got was 7 eggs. Considering my age (24) I am really disappointed in that number. I keep telling myself "quality over quantity", but hearing some real success stories would really validate that fact.

If you had a below average egg retrieval, and still ended up with a BFP, would you mind sharing your experience with me? I really hate coming over here and doing this, but I'm having a hard time hanging onto hope. 

Thanks in advance, and congrats on all of your pregnancies! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking for encouragement

• Options
    7 is a fantastic number. You want good quality over tons of cruddy ones. Good luck to you!
  • Options

7 is an awesome number!  We only retrieved 2 eggs because my body ignored the ovulation suppression med and Oed on its own before ER.  Those 2 fertilized and are now growing strong!  Definitely quality over quantity Smile

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    7 is great!! both IVFs we did I had less than 8 usable eggs, and I got bfps both times!!! good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    7 is a great number!  My first cycle they retrieved 16 eggs, but only 4 fertilized (most weren't mature).  We transferred two on day 3 and they are both pulling whatever bedtime stall tactics they can at the moment. :-)  Good luck to you!
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

I had a really hard time with this while I was cycling.  It's so hard not to compare yourself to others!  It really does only take one!

These were my numbers:  IVF1- 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fert = BFN, IVF2- 6 retrieved, 3 fert = early m/c, and IVF3- only 5 retrieved, 2 fert = BFP.   I got pregnant on the cycle that produced the least eggs and embies.  And, FWIW, we were MFI and my RE insisted that my labs and testing were all great. 

Good luck for a great fert report! 

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I am sorry you are discouraged. It is easy to compare your number to these people that we see in the high teens or even those super high numbers! I had 8. NONE of them fertilized the first day, so when I got the call that we had 3 from ICSI the next day, all of a sudden 3 seemed incredible. Anything can happen. Quality matters! :) Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    Thank you for the responses. I'm trying to stay calm and remember that it truly only takes one. Congrats on all of your successes, I hope that I am able to join you soon!
  • Options
    With my first IVF we got 14 eggs and 8 fertilized. With my second IVF we got 10 eggs and all 10 fertilized. So the cycle when we got fewer eggs actually produced more embies and gave us DS. It really is quality over quantity. Sending tons of thoughts and prayers that you have a super fert report :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"