Multiples
Options

Twins Sleeping in your Room - changing logistics?

I would like to have the twins in my room for the first 6 months or so.  I just can't wrap my head around the diaper change portion of the program.  If you had the babies in your room, where did you change them?  In your room? In their room?  If you moved them, do you bring them both into the next room at the same time?  Did you have to change them most of the times they wake up at night?  Any advice or tips would be great!

Re: Twins Sleeping in your Room - changing logistics?

• Options

I always change them before I feed them, although everyone once and a while I end up having to change them twice. At night I use awaterproof pad lay it down and change them on my bed while pumping then I feed them and put them back down to sleep. When they first got home I kept extra blankets, onesis , diapers, etc in my nightstand that way I had everything I would need for the night for me it was all about survival mode, and what made it more convieint for me in the first few weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    We had our babies in our room for a while and here's what we did:  When one woke up, we got the other up too.  We each changed and then fed a baby.  We just laid them on the bed to change during the night.  During the day, I usually change them on the floor.  The babies are our numbers 3 & 4, so it didn't really bother me to change them wherever.  (Dont think I would have done that with my first one!)  We have a changing table in their room, but it rarely gets used.  It's easier to just do it where I am.  So I keep a stack of diapers and a package of wipes on a shelf in the living room.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a pnp in our bedroom that has a changer on it, and that's where we do all clothing and diaper changes in the bedroom. We have wipes and diapers in living room, our bedroom and nursery. We moved them.from pnp in our room to cribs in the nursery at 4 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We've had a mobile changing station from day one.

We put the changing pad on a big oversized ottoman with all of the stuff (diapers, wipes, butt paste, etc).  That stayed in the living room for about the first six months.  Once the babies became mobile, we got rid of the ottoman and but kept the changing pad/accessories downstairs in the master bedroom on an old coffee table. 

Now that the kids are older (just turned 2), we just change them on the changing pad on the floor. 

We purchased a really nice dresser to put a changing pad on and only ever changed them up there a dozen or so times in the last 2 years.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    srbmvpsrbmvp member

We still have the boys in our room, and I plan on keeping them there until they STTN or outgrow the bassinets. We change them on the foot of our bed, with a big crib mattress pad underneath to catch any leaks. Both of our bassinets have storage space underneath, so we just keep a supply of diapers, wipes, nighties, etc down there. We also do their baths in our bathtub b/c it's a little bigger and easier to maneuver.

For daytime we have a changing station setup in our family room. With 3 kids in diapers, I'd be climbing the stairs all day long otherwise. I'd suggest setting up some sort of station on every floor of your house, it will save you so much hassle!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all of this advice!  It's helping me get a better picture of what I'm going to do.  I am definitely planning on at least 2 changing stations. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"