August 2012 Moms
Options

Miss Annabelle Has Arrived!

So I was induced as planned on Sunday night at midnight, right at 39 weeks (for medical reasons). It started off 'easy' enough, they hooked me up to Pitocin and let me sleep. They kept upping the dosage and by the time I woke up around 4am I was 2cm. Around 9am the doc came in to check on me and decide how to proceed. I was only 3/4cm at that time so she broke my water to speed up the process. 

Up until that point I was in mild discomfort but still thinking maybe no epi. Well once my water broke, gosh the contractions were unbearable. After an hour and a half or so I asked for an epi and gosh was that the best decision (for me anyway). It was the 'perfect' epi all the nurses/doc said. I could still lift my own legs, numbed where I needed to be, but I could still feel slight contractions up high in my belly. But they only felt like BH contractions, not painful just there so I knew when I was having contractions. Anyway, it seemed all my body needed was to relax because right after having the epi within an hour I jumped up to full dilation. They called the doctor in around 12:15pm.

They helped me know when and how to push. I only had to push for like 20/30minutes and the epi was still blissfully keeping me pain free. Unfortunately, LO did seem to be in some distress. They put off an episiotemy as long as possible but my doc sadly had to cut me. I didn't care though because it got my LO out quicker and she was screaming from her healthy lungs. Got a nice 9 on the apgar scale and was handed to me. Best moment of my life!

So Monday July 30th, 2012 at 12:57pm my sweet Annabelle was born weighing 6lbs. 3.5oz. and measuring 19 inches long. So far she's healthy and happy. Mom and baby shall be headed home first thing tomorrow morning! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Miss Annabelle Has Arrived!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"