August 2012 Moms

3 cm, 80% effaced, bloody mucous?

OK so I know this has been asked in a million different ways but I can't seem to find an old post with my exact situation, so I figured I'd ask and see what you think.

I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced on Monday. I've been spotting since then (which doc said would happen) but then this morning (TMI) I wiped and got a huge mucousy and bloody glob (fresh looking blood, unlike the brown blood from the spotting earlier.)

But I've had 0 contractions, only period-like cramping yesterday.

I guess I was just wondering if the bloody mucous (plug or show? I don't know) has any relation to the dilation and if it could be a sign of sooner rather than later labor? Or if it doesn't mean anything unless I'm contracting... 

Sorry if that question was confusing! Just wondering what other's experiences were with this. If you can't tell, I'm anxious for this baby to come!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 cm, 80% effaced, bloody mucous?

• Sounds like "show" to me.  If you get some contractions starting sometime in the next couple of days, then that's likely what you had.  If not, then perhaps it was from the internal causing irritation to your cervix.  

GL! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I went into labor the same day I lost my mucous plug but sometimes there can be more of a wait. 

Losing the mucous plug is a good sign but you really need contractions in order for it to be baby go time. 

Take a long walk, have sex, etc -- maybe it will kick things off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks we'll see what happens I guess. Still no contractions so, I guess it's still a waiting game!
  • This was me on Friday after my internal, yet here I sit, babyless :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"