January 2013 Moms
Options

INTENSE pain (kind of long)

So for about the last week I've been having on and off pain in my abdomen. It started out as just an irritating ache and has been getting worse every time it happens, but never really too severe. Well, last night it was getting pretty bad, so I went to take a warm shower (that usually helps calm it down a bit). When I got out of the shower, I couldn't even stand up and I was crying because it hurt soooo bad. It felt like period cramps times 10. I woke up SO and called my mom to see what she thought it was. They were both really helpful and she said it was probably just ligament pain and to take some tylenol and see if that helped. By then it was about 3:30am, so I decided to try to get some sleep and call my OB in the morning if it was still bothering me because it usually goes away with sleep. When I woke up, my belly still hurt severely, so I called my OB and she said that as long as I'm not spotting (which I'm not) to just watch it and if it continues to hurt as bad as it was last night to come in to the ER this evening. What do you ladies think this could be? I tried to look it up online, but of course all I got was "you're fine" and "you're dying" kind of stuff. I've been sleeping on and off all day because that's the only thing that makes it better but it's still hurting, just not quite as intense as last night (still waay up there though). Do you think I should go in to the hospital now or give it until later tonight so it's closer to 24 hours that I've been experiencing it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: INTENSE pain (kind of long)

• Options
    I guess if it's so bad you're crying I would go to the doctor.  I think pregnancy does different things to different people.  It could be nothing, perhaps your body is just stretching like they said, but maybe not.  Is it the worst pain you've ever felt?  Do you have any other symptoms going on? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So sorry, that sounds not-so-fun.  Honestly, I think I'd go in, just to be on the safe side.  It can't hurt, and it will most likely bring you peace of mind!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SO will be home from work in about an hour, so I think I'm going to have him take me. All yesterday my stomach was feeling kind of queasy and I've been over my morning sickness for quite a while and then last night I felt like I was about to throw up a couple of times while this was going on. That's the only other symptom I was feeling though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAsh2015:
    SO will be home from work in about an hour, so I think I'm going to have him take me. All yesterday my stomach was feeling kind of queasy and I've been over my morning sickness for quite a while and then last night I felt like I was about to throw up a couple of times while this was going on. That's the only other symptom I was feeling though. 

Good luck! Let us know how it goes... hopefully it is just ligament pain like PP's have said. 

imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options
    I'd go in and insist that they check you out.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I would go.
  • Options
    I'd definitely go in. It'd drive me crazy not knowing. If you don't want to wait at the ER I'd suggest Stat Care
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"