Baby Names
Options

Adrian

Thought's on Adrian...for a boy only. Has it become to feminine?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Adrian

• Options
    I knew lots of guys named Adrian and only one Adrianne. I don't think anyone would confuse the male spelling for the girl and they are pronounced totally different.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    I know one Adrian (m) and two little Adrian's (f). There parents went with Adrian instead of Adrianne, because they thought Adrianne was too frilly.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageZimger:
    I know one Adrian (m) and two little Adrian's (f). There parents went with Adrian instead of Adrianne, because they thought Adrianne was too frilly.

Oh wow, I didn't realize people are using Adrian for girls now! I'd dig my heels in on this one and try to keep it on the boy side. If you let them have it they win. lol

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    I'm side-eyeing parents who name little girls Adrian so hard. It's a male name- female versions are Adrienne or Adrianna. Adrian is no more a girl name than Daniel is. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I wouldn't assume boy or girl with Adrian. It's one of those names for me that I wouldn't know. I might wonder boy first, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

imageprincessjenney:
    I knew lots of guys named Adrian and only one Adrianne. I don't think anyone would confuse the male spelling for the girl and they are pronounced totally different.

Call me stupid, but what are the different pronunciations?  I've known a couple Adrians (both boys thank goodness) and one Adrienne (girl) and I honestly thought they were pronounced the same. 

I agree, however, that Adrian is 100% boy

I've only known 1 girl whose name was Adrianne (this spelling) and she pronounced it A-dree-ann vs. A-dree-in. I didn't realized there was another female spelling. Adrienne seems like it would sound the same as Adrian, but it's just not something I was aware of until now.

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    FinkFink member

Yes, IMO, it has always been too feminine for a boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Adrian for a boy ONLY! Please consider using it:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's definitely the masculine spelling & I like it but I did have a crush on Adrian Brody growing up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"