Cloth Diapering
Options

reaction to cloth diaper cream

My dd had an awful reaction to CJs BUTTer.  I'm guessing it was possibly the beeswax, since I've had reactions myself from that.  I've also begun to realize that she gets a bit red when I use coconut oil, but it still wasn't like the awful reaction from CJs (so maybe it was a combination).  Has anybody else experienced this and have found a CD cream that works?  Otherwise, if I have another issue in the future, I can do what I had to do after the CJs incident; sposies and butt paste and extra naked time. (Thanks so much for you help on that erniebuffalo!)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: reaction to cloth diaper cream

• Options
    DD had a reaction to coconut oil.  I use EarthmamaAngelbaby as a preventative at every change... It works really well.   I also have Grandma Els, to use as a "in case of rash cream"... but haven't needed to use it since dropping the coconut oil completely and switching detergents from tide to tiny bubbles.  You can order samples of grandma els from a lot of cd stores for 50 cents or so...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to help. I do like California Baby cream. Their website says it's cloth diaper safe.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second Earth Mama Angel Baby. LO gets her super sensitve skin from me and we both use that brand (her on her bum, me for my nips) and neither of us have had a reaction and it works great on rashes and sensitive areas. I don't use anything else.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

imageerniebufflo:
    Glad to help. I do like California Baby cream. Their website says it's cloth diaper safe.

Ds had a terrible reaction to this but hasn't reacted to anything else FYI 

• Options
    imageMelissa Catanach:

imageerniebufflo:

I quit using the CB cream after a particularly bad rash, I put it on her and she screamed like it was burning her. She's never had that reaction before or since, so we're staying away from it. broke my heart! 

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imageMelissa Catanach:

imageerniebufflo:

I quit using the CB cream after a particularly bad rash, I put it on her and she screamed like it was burning her. She's never had that reaction before or since, so we're staying away from it. broke my heart! 

That's how dd was with CJs.. 

• Options
    I LOVE the GroVia Magic Stick.
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imageMelissa Catanach:

imageerniebufflo:

Same here, DS screamed bloody murder when I put CA baby on his rash. He was okay when it was just a little red, but on a full-blown rash this stuff hurt him. 

• Options
    My baby is sensitive to TTO and so we had to stop using EMAB even though I loved the smell of that stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"