Cloth Diapering
Options

Fitted love?

If you love your fitteds...why? I see so many cute prints out there, but you have to put a cover over them, so what's the point? And they don't seem to be really any cheaper than a pocket diaper, plus you still have to buy separate covers. So I just don't get it?

I'm new to CDing and got a few fitteds in my trial, and I like them, but I'm not really seeing the benefit of them over a pocket, AIO, or even a cover/insert setup like a flip where at least the inserts are cheaper than a whole fitted diaper?

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Fitted love?

• Options
    You don't have to stuff it, it's crazy absorbent, it's breathable under wool, you don't always need a cover around the house.
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Some are much more absorbent than others.  With the ones I have, DD can go coverless around the house in them for awhile.  I like that they allow her skin to breathe.  When paired with wool covers, they're the only thing that are bulletproof for her for 12+ hours overnight.  She's a tummy sleeper and was a heavy wetter until recently, so that combo meant pockets didn't work overnight for her, no matter what we did.  I just really love that with fitteds she has natural fibers against her skin, they're super soft, and contain everything.  Plus they're cute :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLuJackCity:
    You don't have to stuff it, it's crazy absorbent, it's breathable under wool, you don't always need a cover around the house.

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageveruca5839:
    Some are much more absorbent than others.  With the ones I have, DD can go coverless around the house in them for awhile.  I like that they allow her skin to breathe.  When paired with wool covers, they're the only thing that are bulletproof for her for 12+ hours overnight.  She's a tummy sleeper and was a heavy wetter until recently, so that combo meant pockets didn't work overnight for her, no matter what we did.  I just really love that with fitteds she has natural fibers against her skin, they're super soft, and contain everything.  Plus they're cute :)

Which fitteds do you use?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hadn't thought about them being breathable, good point! So some of them soak up pee enough that you're comfortable letting LO play around the house in them without them leaking through??
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    For us fitted and wool overnight are bulletproof.  During the day however they aren't practical for us.  He's such a heavy wetter we can't go coverless and they tend to be pretty bulky.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    imagejkchs2003:

imageveruca5839:

Which fitteds do you use?

My favorites are twinkie tush, but I also really like goodmama (daytime only), Bububebe, and Sbish OBF.

• Options

The old-school Thirsties sized fitteds were what fit my daughter best during the NB phase.  LOVED them.  They are absorbent, and the cover + fitted is pretty leakproof.  I buy all solids, so prints aren't a consideration for me.

The new-style Thirsties fab fitteds are awesome.  We stuff with a hemp insert and use for overnight.  She's a heavy wetter and HATES being wet - but she can easily wear a fitted + insert for 8 hours with no issue.  It's awesome.

I have AIOs as well, and I also stuff them, but they don't have the double leg gussets.  The Duo Diapers are also stuffable, but the only blowout I had leaked out the legs and top - a comparable sized mega-poop in a fitted didn't have that issue, because of the double protection.

They are more expensive though, it's true.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    DD sleeps in wool + fitted at night- no more chapped butt in the morning! I have a totbots stretch bamboozle, a kissaluvs m/l and an itti bitti boo/ d'lish (can't remember which is fitted) I really like all of them. I agree about not being into prints though. 
  • Options
    Fitteds and wool is pretty much all we use. Night and day. For day we use Sbish, TT, or TBs. Night is usually a TT, B4 or an OSC. Fitteds are super absorbent and breathable. And very cute.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"