Adoption

Waiting to Adopt Check In

This is a place for anyone in the waiting-to-adopt phase to check in.  Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you! 

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? 

2) Where in the process are you?

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  

6) Anything else you want to share?

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Waiting to Adopt Check In

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)?  Foster 0-5/6ish

2) Where in the process are you? Waiting on HS to be approved

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? No

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  SW needing nothing else from us :)

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  In our state we are required to have a 7 day supply of everything. Clothes, diapers, undies, socks, formula, car seats, toys, etc.  We did not find out this until our 1st HS and had to have it all by the 2nd HS. So in two weeks we bought more stuff than I ever thought we would need. To me it was overwhelming of the volume of stuff we had to have when we have no clue what type of placements we will get. Needless to say anyone 0-6 in this house will be very well set now. :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? 

Domestic Infant Adoption 

We have a completed homestudy and are trying to finish our dear birthmother letter (well, its finished but we're waiting for it to be approved). 

Finally got a quote from 1 of 2 companies that we're going to use to put up a wall to make the second bedroom (nursery!).

Our SW finally agreed to take over our dear BM letter so we don't have to stay on this endless merry-go-round of arguing grammar rules with the designer over email. And she said this is probably the last version of the letter that we will need to do so we should know for sure by Thursday! 

I'm still really upset about how IL's are handling this (or NOT handling this). They are totally disinterested and it makes me so sad. I might make a separate post about this because I really don't know what to do anymore. 

Not this week 

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! 

Oh yes. We actually haven't bought any nursery or bedroom gear, but we do have a bassinet because my Godson outgrew it and they had nowhere to store it. I have bought a bunch of gender-neutral clothes but I'm trying to stop! I have been buying cloth diapers as I find them on sale and bought a cute little hooded towel at the Carter's outlet last week. I have a couple toys but not much- I LOVE wooden kids toys so I buy them when I find good deals. Once we get the wall put up for the nursery we'll probably start planning that more. Want to wait until we are actually waiting too.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

Domestic Infant Adoption, but approved up to 2yrs 

Home study approved, waiting a few weeks 

Just being done with our home study!! 

Eh, nothing last week.   

This week was kind of tough.  My HR dept really frustrated me when I asked about maternity leave, telling me over and over that it "technically isn't mat leave for you when you adopt so you shouldn't call it that." I basically have to take it all unpaid and take less time, which is very different than I always thought.  

No 

I haven't bought a single thing.  I just can't bring myself to do it yet.  I think I fear that I'm jinxing myself or something.  During our IF struggles I never let myslef buy anything because I didnt want reminders if a treatment didnt work or we had another m/c.  How do I get over this and start to get excited and make it feel real?! 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• imagejillianmb:

This is a place for anyone in the waiting-to-adopt phase to check in.  Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you! 

Infant domestic open adoption. 

8+ months into the wait. 

I feel like I've finally accepted that this is not going to happen when I want it to, it's going to happen when God wants it to, and I don't feel impatient anymore, just sad that it hasn't happened yet.   

We submitted our profile to a birth family. 

Waiting to see who they choose, or if they choose to parent. 

I think another couple we know is in the early stages of adoption.  They've posted some real vague comments on facebook, and I'm so excited for them!

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet?  Clothes?  Toys?  Diapers?  Fess up!

We've bought everything. The first three situations we were presented with were for immediate placements, so we wanted to be ready.  Just this weekend, I bought a book and made a wall clock out of it.  The only items missing from the nursery are the shadowboxes my MIL wants to make from the first onesie, cap, etc.  I've found that adding little things to the nursery here and there makes me feel like we're still nesting, instead of only waiting.

International adoption so baby will probably be a toddler before they come home.

Quite literally just starting.  We haven't even done the IA course required by our province yet.

We did just finally tell my parents that we are doing research.  There was no particular reason why we hadn't told them before, but it just never came up in conversation until now.

Nothing really.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Domestic Infant Adoption, although we are looking more and more into foster-to-adopt or adoption of a waiting child

2) Where in the process are you? Researching and saving money

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? None

4) Most encouraging moment last week? None this week unfortunately

5) Biggest challenge of this week? Realizing that if we do domestic infant adoption realistically it would probably have to be 2014 not 2013 - it is just so expensive.  We are interested in adopting from foster care but with a very young child at home and the importance of preserving birth order, I just don't know that that is a possibility either. 

6) Anything else you want to share? No

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers? Fess up!  I've gone through all of DS' infant clothing and have kept one box of gender-neutral, good condition clothes.  I haven't actually bought anything and probably won't until we can figure out how we are going to adopt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Domestic Infant Adoption

2) Where in the process are you? Just had my second and last home visit, waiting for them to write it up, should have it within the next few weeks!

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? I'm excited to be wrapping up my home study and getting ready to activate my profile to BMs!

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  I found out my sister had a miscarriage this weekend, which I can't get out of my mind. :(

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! We started an Amazon baby registry this weekend, even though we swore we would wait until our home study was finalized.  But we have not bought a thing yet, so we are trying to be good. :)
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Domestic Infant Adoption (transracial)

Application approved, working through the giant pile of paperwork

Finally sat down to start on the paperwork, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mine is almost done... Now, I just need to find a way to encourage DH to get started on all his paperwork too!

Not adoption related, but my 30th b-day is at the end of August, and DH has been doing a countdown for the "30 'til 30" every day with a little note describing something he loves about me and a gift to go with it. So cute. Example, on Friday, his note said that he loves my "coolness" (haha), so he took me to Rita's to get some Italian Ice. :)

Not panicking over having to sign off on the fee schedule from our agency. Seeing those giant numbers is so scary. 

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! Haven't bought anything, but I have thought a lot about it. DD has a ton of stuff that will end up being hand-me-downs, unless, of course, our next one turns out to be a boy!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)?   Domestic Infant

2) Where in the process are you?  Working on the home study

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?  We had our first meeting with the social worker, and it went well.

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  See #3

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Working on all the paperwork and training

6) Anything else you want to share? Not right now.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  No, I have actually managed to keep myself away from baby shopping.  It's not going to last much longer, though.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

International from China, 0-3 years 

Just started, currently going through mounds of paperwork and prepping house for home study. 

Finally found an agency we feel comfortable with that specializes in China adoptions.  Started the process after a few meetings with them and are feeling good about it.  Also shared our plans with my in-laws and so far they are very supportive. 

Started work on remodeling the basement to serve as our office space so we can begin to convert that bedroom into a child's room.  :)

The budget has been stressful lately, working to prioritize funds. 

Got some wonderful excitement and hope from the board this week.  Thanks especially to Jillianmb for the additional inspiration. :)

Collecting fabric for room decor and attempting my first quilt, a baby quilt.  So far just pinning tons of ideas on Pinterest for when the room is ready to start on.  

TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
  • IRRIRR member

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? domestic infant

2/3) Where in the process are you?  20 week U/S last week

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  - waiting to hear back from our doctor on the 20 wk u/s.  BM told us her doctor was concerned by SGA at this point in her pregnancy.  She is only due back for another U/S in 3 more weeks.

6) Anything else you want to share? Jillian, so happy for you and your family.  I have loved reading your updates.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! -

Have been starting to look at lots of stuff.  Not buying anything yet until we know what is up with the baby.  Have created check lists for what we will need while picking up baby.  Did book a hotel room, though trying to rent a corporate apartment, since I think that may be easier knowing we will be gone for 2+ weeks.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)?  Domestic, open-closed (depends on what the BM wants), infant

2) Where in the process are you? Thought we had our agency picked, application's all ready...now we're having 2nd thoughts and trying to decide if it's worth waiting a year for a spot to open in our favorite agency

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Announced on Facebook that we're adopting!!

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  The amazing amount of love and support that has poured out of our friends and family.  It's been incredible to hear the stories of different people in our lives who have been effected by adoption in some way.

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Trying to grieve not having our biological child while being thrilled about adoption - very conflicting!  :)

6) Anything else you want to share? I'm constantly in awe of the people in this community.  I'm more of a lurker (especially since I'm a newbie and don't have much to contribute!), and I find such strength in your words, open hearts and wisdom.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  I'm too scared to do that yet!

foster to adopt 

I move to a bigger home on the 11th, my last home study is on the 16th, and I need to get my fire inspection done. After that nothing left to do but wait.  

My first homestudy was great! So much easier then I expected! 

Babysitting everyday and enjoying every minute of it. It totally reassured me that I can't wait to have kiddos in the house even when I was so tired from getting up at 5:45 every morning, lol. 

Looking at my finances when it comes to my move, setting up a second bedroom for the kiddos, and getting baby/kid stuff. 

I can't wait to decorate the kiddos room! (: 

Last week I ordered a birch tree wall decal and inspiration quotes from ETSY and a pack and play and car seat online. 

Me (29)-Aspiring SMBC
    6 home inseminations=BFN
    2 IUIs= BFN
    3 IVFs=BFN
    June 2012-Decided to give up TTC and started the process to adopt from foster care!

Aspiring SMBC Blog

• imageFoster1Mom:

In our state we are required to have a 7 day supply of everything. Clothes, diapers, undies, socks, formula, car seats, toys, etc.  We did not find out this until our 1st HS and had to have it all by the 2nd HS. So in two weeks we bought more stuff than I ever thought we would need.  

Holey moley, that would have STRESSED ME OUT! Good on for getting it done! 

Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • imageellekae:

Not adoption related, but my 30th b-day is at the end of August, and DH has been doing a countdown for the "30 'til 30" every day with a little note describing something he loves about me and a gift to go with it. So cute. Example, on Friday, his note said that he loves my "coolness" (haha), so he took me to Rita's to get some Italian Ice. :) 

That is SO SWEET! I wish there was a way to download into someone a desire to celebrate events. DH balances me out really well (I'll celebrate any old thing, and we'd gain weight and have no money from all the celebrating!), but he doesn't think to do things like that, since he honestly doesn't care about his birthday. He tries (bless him), but, you know. 30 days of specialness sounds soooo wonderful! Go H!

Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • imagejillianmb:

IA from Uganda, 0-2 (6 mos younger than E is what we're hoping for, but we'll accept the referral of a child who is E's age or younger) 

Sent in our I-600A (last US approval document) 1.5 weeks ago. Hoping (hope hope!) to hear back in 2.5 weeks, but of course it could be 8 or 9 or 10 weeks too. Oh, guvmint. 

Getting more checks on our list of documents we need for our dossier (to be sent to Uganda). We don't need it soon, but it'll be nice to have it done before the semester starts and DH and I get really busy. 

Designed some jewelry for a friend and got $30 towards our adoption. It may be a drop in the bucket, but we'll take it! 

Not knowing how long this I-600A is gonna take is kind of stressful (esp since we still have ~$500 to raise for our fee when it is approved), but it really makes me nervous for the long wait. Our agency lets us know where we are on the wait list, and since we're open to a toddler and to various special needs, we may go in line faster. But we'll see!

Yay for Jillianmb and her fam! LOVED stalking your blog this week! 

Whale, we already have a LO, so no. I did by a book of African fables, but they're kind of depressing, so I'm not sure we'll be reading those at bedtime (so many about spiders!). 
    Come home, baby A!
  • cogbotcogbot member

domestic infant or adoption from foster care 

August makes the 10th month waiting 

nothing new

One of my daily devotionals lead me to Psalm 113:9.He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children.  Praise ye the Lord 

In my hard moments,  I run this through my head over and over.

My mother was in the hospital last week.  We thought she had a heart attack.  It was incredibly scary.  She had a cath done and part of her left ventricle isn't working.  They called it "Broken Heart Syndrome." (Doesn't even sound real, does it?)  It was better news than a heart attack, however  she is on a lot of medication and is very tired.  Thankfully,  in a few months it should heal.

no not really 

haven't bought anything,  It won't feel real until we get "the call."  For me, buying stuff seems crazy.

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Newborn domestic infant

2) Where in the process are you? Waiting to be matched

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? None

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  Nothing new.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  We have been given some boy clothes from my nephew and I bought a pack-n-play at a resale shop.  Nothing else yet.  Have looked but haven't decided when we are going to purchase yet.

Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? : domestic infant adoption (through an agency)

2) Where in the process are you?: We are saving money, planning to apply around December/January.

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?: I just counted, and it's been 8 months since we decided to adopt for sure!  (we decided Nov. 27, the day before Thanksgiving)

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  : we found out DH's cousin (and her husband) who is adopting was matched and the baby is due in 3-4 weeks!  It made me super excited for when that day finally comes for us.

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  : I'm still having a lot of trouble fighting baby fever lately.  I felt really down earlier this week, but a lot of that was PMS.

6) Anything else you want to share?: I can't wait to finish my summer class so DH and I can have some discussions about what our plans are RE: applying, sorting out how my graduating/job hunting will affect our adoption, etc.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! : I bought a crib quilt for the baby when we first started TTC back in '08.  It's still in the closet, just waiting for a LO to use it!  It's gender-neutral, bright colors with dinosaurs on it. Smile  Other than that, I haven't purchased a single thing.
  • imageGnomeSweetGnome:

of trouble fighting baby fever lately.  I felt really down earlier this week, but a lot of that was PMS.

Oh, PMS, I hate you! I always feel more overwhelmed and down that week. I usually realize what's going on and just concentrate on positive things, but some months I only realize when I come out of it. Poor DH! 

Come home, baby A!
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Domestic Infant Adoption, not race- or gender- specific

2) Where in the process are you? We've been waiting since the beginning of April

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Just still riding this whole "second wind" thing. I bought an adoption/ baby book (my family, my journey) and will start filling that out soon. 

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  Hearing Noah talk about "his baby". It's just super sweet. 

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Learning that our friends are starting the process of adopting baby #2 and that we will be in the same "pool" with them. Then fighting off feelings of "if they get chosen TWICE before we get chosen once..." But I just have to remind myself that OUR bm won't choose them, and THEIR bm won't choose us. :) 

6) Anything else you want to share? Not really! We're gearing up for another fundraising thingy (second round of superman shirts and a yard sale) so that is fun. We are in a bizarre financial situation where my parents have offered to pay anything we're lacking when the time comes, so technically we ARE financially ready, but still saving/earning so that we aren't lacking much when the time comes! 

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up! Nope. We still have EVERYTHING of Noah's so we haven't bought any baby things. The crib is up, but we are using the same bedding (it's gender neutral) so we're sort of preparing, but not buying anything yet!  

ETA: Wait! I take that back! We did buy a new stroller (single/double - the baby jogger city select) so that counts! 

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Domestic public adoption, 0-6 (although I think we are leaning toward 2-4)

2) Where in the process are you? Just barely started. Decision made, researching and saving money/clearing debt before beginning the process.

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Not really. I told my mom about our plans and she seemed supportive about it, which is nice.

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  Going back on bcp and feeling good about it (like I am doing the right thing).

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Nothing adoption related.

6) Anything else you want to share? I bought some books about adoption and have been obsessively researching everything. The more I read/research and the more I read your blogs, the more I know that this is the right decision. It's been very affirming.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  Not yet. I still need to unbox our box room (a.k.a room for future LO).
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)?  Foster to adopt

2) Where in the process are you?  Will start our classes in September...filling out paperwork now.

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?  Not this week.

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Working on all the paperwork

6) Anything else you want to share? Not right now.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  No.  We have had two miscarriages.  I have some stuff from my first pregnancy (bibs that I was cross stitching, for example) that I really want to use with my rainbow baby (if he or she comes along as we are looking at adopting a slightly older child now), but that is it.  We will have to buy things before our home study, but we will do the minimum.  I feel like buying things sets me up for disappointment, which I think is because of the miscarriages.

• imagespongebobsquarepanties:

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  Going back on bcp and feeling good about it (like I am doing the right thing).

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have a gene mutation that prevents me from STAYING pregnant (I can GET pregnant all day long) so the day I had Mirena placed felt like the biggest step in the right direction for me. I just didn't feel worried or fretful about anymore!  

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Domestic Infant Adoption 2) Where in the process are you?About to schedule our interviews/home visit! 3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?Got a voicemail this afternoon from our case worker asking us to call her about scheduling our appointment to go meet with her!!! Too bad I didn't notice till after 5:00. 4) Most encouraging moment last week?  See #3 5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Waiting for her to call. LOL 6) Anything else you want to share?I AM SO READY TO START WAITING!!!!! :-D 

Guilty!!! I started buying a few things here and there while we were trying, but lately I have been killing time restocking my bumgenius stash, ordering extras of my fav wraps/carriers, and I have to confess...I am slightly obsessed with little knit hats and baby leg warmers. I have a WHOLE drawer full of them (*hangs head in shame).

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? Foster to adopt, 2 sibs under 5

2) Where in the process are you? Homestudy approved by private agency--waiting for signature by Central Office DCF b/c I am an employee

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? I have registered, and we got a toddler bed and bookcase!

4) Most encouraging moment last week?  Getting a call back from our SW.  I was frustrated that it has been taking 3 months.  Our SW is going to try to expedite it, b/c she came across 2 siblings she thinks will be perfect for us!  She needs approval to send our homestudy to the child's SW, and thinks this will speed it up.

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Just that we are waiting from Central Office for sooo long.  Also, I work in SW and have had parents call their young children names, and that is hard to hear.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  Books! We have been buying books, because we figure it is safe for a variety of ages and gender-neutral.
  • imagesrmmm09:
    imageFoster1Mom:

In our state we are required to have a 7 day supply of everything. Clothes, diapers, undies, socks, formula, car seats, toys, etc.  We did not find out this until our 1st HS and had to have it all by the 2nd HS. So in two weeks we bought more stuff than I ever thought we would need.  

Holey moley, that would have STRESSED ME OUT! Good on for getting it done! 

This--totally!

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? And what age(s)? domestic infant

2) Where in the process are you? Waiting not-so-[atiently to hear from our adoption agency that they've accepted our official application and we can begin our homestudy.

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? We turned in our official application early last week! Holy smokes that took forever to get filled out!

4) Most encouraging moment last week? I randomly met someone that works at the same hospital as I do who did domestic infant adoption 10 years ago. They have an open adoption with the BM, but haven't heard from her since their son was 18 months. She will be a good resource for me.

5) Biggest challenge of this week?  Waiting for a FREAKING RESPONSE! And remaining calm, cool, and collect while we rip our entire 2nd floor apart trying to move things to a storage facility and start turning our home office into a potential nursery. My house looks like a tornado went through it.

6) Anything else you want to share? If someone had told me a year ago I was going to be doing this process, I would have laughed in their face. Now it's very REAL.

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers?  Fess up!  No way. If I started doing that at this stage, I'd be institutionalized before we even got to the waiting list. I have got to hold off on that for my own sanity.
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
    foster/adopt

our forever kiddos moved in a month ago, everything should be final by Feb
    Wow - they've already been with us a week
    we took our 2nd mini-family vacation and it went well
    our dog is currently at the vet due to major internal bleeding and we're trusting the vet will find answers

our fam and friends are throwing us an informal ice cream celebration to honor our family this evening

7) QOTW: Besides nursery/bedroom gear, have you bought anything for your LO yet? Clothes? Toys? Diapers? Fess up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"