Adoption
Options

**crene84 and those interested in breastfeeding**

I just received this info from my friend who adopted a little girl and BF her for almost a year :)

"I actually used the protocol that is on the website: AskLenore.com-- There is a specific protocol for inducing lactation. The steps are very specific and can lead to results, but take a lot of hard work. I would prefer to send people to the website (which also has a forum section with other women who are on the same journey) rather than list the steps because it is important that none of the steps are left out."

DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: **crene84 and those interested in breastfeeding**

• Options
    imageMauidAims:

I just received this info from my friend who adopted a little girl and BF her for almost a year :)

"I actually used the protocol that is on the website: AskLenore.com-- There is a specific protocol for inducing lactation. The steps are very specific and can lead to results, but take a lot of hard work. I would prefer to send people to the website (which also has a forum section with other women who are on the same journey) rather than list the steps because it is important that none of the steps are left out."

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll definitely have to look around the website- thanks for posting!!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome!! Thanks!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I called this afternoon and left a message to make my first lactation consult appointment.  I'm nervous, and have no idea why.  

ETA: Talked with the consultant, and she suggested checking out the same site you mentioned above.  I'm going to call my OB tomorrow and get the prescription for domperidone or whatever other med they're prescribing currently to induce.   She said once I've been on the meds about a month, I should be ready to start pumping.  

• Options

My gyn won't prescribe the domperidone recommended on the asklerore site for inducing, because it's not approved by the FDA.  I'm totally bummed, and pretty upset, since the alternative drug recommended by the FDA can cause anxiety and depression, and since those already run in my family, I feel that's far riskier than the 80mg daily of domperidone (not approved by the FDA because it caused heart and gastrointestinal problems in rats when injected in very high dosages) recommended to induce.  

I've read that there are some sites where you can order it from overseas without a prescription, though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"