Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Cribs

My husband and I currently live in basically a one bedroom apartment (it's actually a two family home that we own and we rent out the upper unit).  Anyway, we plan on starting the baby in our room in a bassinet or something similar, but we do not have room for a crib.  

So my question is should I get a crib right away?  When does baby really start using it? Should I still put it on my registry? In a small space (baby would be in office area connected to living room) should I be looking at a crib/changer combo or a dresser used as a changer and separate crib?

Thanks!

**Can you tell I am a first time mom?? 

BabyFetus Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cribs

• Options

I'd put it on the registry, in case someone gets it for you.  Also, you can use the completion discount to get the crib at a reduced price if nobody gets it for you.

That being said, our baby will sleep in a co-sleeper for a good six months before moving to her crib anyway.  You may have some time before you need to buy it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

Have you looked at mini cribs? Maybe you can fit a mini crib in your room then move it to the office space when you are ready.  The only problem with a bassinet is that once the baby can sit up, they shouldn't use it anymore. 

We moved DS to his own room at 4 weeks so we could all sleep better. He was a loud sleeper and kept me up at night. Then he would wake up early when DH got up for work. A lot of people keep the baby in their room for the first 6 months. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

if you have something for dc to sleep in other than a crib, you don't need one right away.  DD slept in our room until she was 4 mos old.  That is when she started daycare so I thought it was a good time to move her to her crib since she slept in one at daycare.

We started with a hand me down bassinet and then ended up getting a rock and play when dd had reflux.  The RNP was very comfy for her and she slept very well in it.

As for your registry, it depends on what you are comfortable doing.  It seems to be very regional as to if it is acceptable to put furniture on your registry.  You could always add it before you do your completion to get the discount.  However, I would recommend looking at IKEA cribs for your situation.  They are low profile and not all frilly and bendy so they have a small footprint.  We love ours!  We also use a dresser as a changer and like the function of storage without buying another piece offurniture that we would only use for a short while. 

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imagetheboki:

I'd put it on the registry, in case someone gets it for you.  Also, you can use the completion discount to get the crib at a reduced price if nobody gets it for you.

That being said, our baby will sleep in a co-sleeper for a good six months before moving to her crib anyway.  You may have some time before you need to buy it.

put it on your registry, atleast for the completion discount..

my plan - baby will be in a rock n play for the first few months and then moved to the crib.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"