Adoption

PIP: Superman Was Adopted shirts

(I'm no sure the etiquette for this type of thing, so if I'm out of line, just let me know and I'll delete!)

I've had a couple people ask about the superman shirt that Noah is wearing in my siggy. We did those as an adoption fundraiser earlier this year and have decided to go ahead with a second round since so many local people have asked about getting them! If you would like details on ordering one, just let me know here or PM me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: PIP: Superman Was Adopted shirts

• oh my gosh I love them!!! Totally buying them for my kids! can you email me?  rachel32004@gmail.com

btw are you on the fb page? totally post it there!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • imageMayDayGirl:

oh my gosh I love them!!! Totally buying them for my kids! can you email me?  rachel32004@gmail.com

I didn't know there was a FB page! Details? 

After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh, can I be part of the Facebook page? I definitely check Facebook more often than the bump. 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption
  • I'd like details about the FB page as well!  PMing you about the shirts.  :)
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagejwpbride:
    imageMayDayGirl:

Me too, please! 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• imageraecheleblue1:
    imagejwpbride:
    imageMayDayGirl:

Me too, please! 

I actually can't add people and not sure who does, put out a page about the fb page. Someone should respond :) 

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • RE: Facebook... PM me and I can add you.

I'll need to first add you as my friend so send me your name/fb ID and I'll add you :)

RE: tee shirt... PMing you :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Silliest: You have a PM 

When we get a chance to adopt I am so having those shirts made. It will be a long time so we are going to have to wait. I am dying for one. I buy DH all kinds of super hero shirts...LOL  

• I would love to buy one.  Please tell me how I can purchase one.
  • imagec&dwaiting4ourmiracle:
    I would love to buy one.  Please tell me how I can purchase one.

YGPM!  

theluckiest
  • imagesilliestbunny:

RE: Facebook... PM me and I can add you.

I'll need to first add you as my friend so send me your name/fb ID and I'll add you :)

PMing you to join the group

DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am interested also.

Please email me at agmorgan@radford.edu

• I would love to get one as well. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemorgan2B:

I am interested also.

Please email me at agmorgan@radford.edu

YGEM! 

imagekoda927:
    I would love to get one as well. 

YGPM! 

theluckiest
  • imagesilliestbunny:

Sending you a PM to join the FB group!

And jwpbride- please send me a PM with more info about the shirts! They are adorable! 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Silliest:  you've got PM!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejackieo1309:
    imagesilliestbunny:

Sending you a PM to join the FB group!

And jwpbride- please send me a PM with more info about the shirts! They are adorable! 

YGPM!  

theluckiest
  • You might want to consider deleting this. You are probably aware that you are violating intellectual property laws by using the Superman shield. Should they discover you are doing so, Warner Brothers/DC Comics will at the very least send you a cease and desist letter. At worst, they could sue you.

And yes, companies really do this. A friend of mine who is an IP attorney spent about 80 hours a week sending out cease and desist letters on behalf of Ty, the maker of Beanie Babies.

I would hate to see this happen to you.

• imagenoonecarewhoiam:

You might want to consider deleting this. You are probably aware that you are violating intellectual property laws by using the Superman shield. Should they discover you are doing so, Warner Brothers/DC Comics will at the very least send you a cease and desist letter. At worst, they could sue you.

And yes, companies really do this. A friend of mine who is an IP attorney spent about 80 hours a week sending out cease and desist letters on behalf of Ty, the maker of Beanie Babies.

I was just thinking this, but I didn't want to be the stinker who brought it up. Sorry you had to be the bearer of bad news.... But you are right, copyright is a serious issue. As a graphic designer, I deal with this kind of thing all the time.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• imagenoonecarewhoiam:

You might want to consider deleting this. You are probably aware that you are violating intellectual property laws by using the Superman shield. Should they discover you are doing so, Warner Brothers/DC Comics will at the very least send you a cease and desist letter. At worst, they could sue you.

When I asked the print shop who printed the shirts about this when we had them printed the first time, I was told that since the image was created by the print shop (not c&p'ed from anything) and we are not claiming to be affiliated with Superman/WB, that there is not an issue. I will call them up tomorrow to see what they have to say. Thanks! 

theluckiest
  • imagejwpbride:
    imagenoonecarewhoiam:

When I asked the print shop who printed the shirts about this when we had them printed the first time, I was told that since the image was created by the print shop (not c&p'ed from anything) and we are not claiming to be affiliated with Superman/WB, that there is not an issue. I will call them up tomorrow to see what they have to say. Thanks! 

No offense, but you're making money off of someone else's intellectual property.

That is a problem. The print shop doesn't know what they're talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"