New York Babies

Baby in a one bedroom?

My husband and I just sold our 1 bedroom apt and are looking for a two bedroom but I'm due next week so we'll definitely be in a 1 bedroom with a newborn for at least a couple months which is causing me anxiety. Anyone else in a similar situation? It's frustrating because I know I would feel so much more settled if we had a nursery ready for her.

Re: Baby in a one bedroom?

• We live in a one bedroom now. Our lease isn't up until next April. We're actually fine with it. We have a big bedroom so I actually put up curtains as a room separator and painted and decorated her portion of the room. However, since I came home from the hospital me and DD actually sleep out in the living room. Me on the couch and her in the swing or on the couch with me. At first it was because I had a c-section and my bed was too high to get into while I was healing, now it's because my husband snores too loud. Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a separate bedroom for DS, but we actually didn't use it for the first four months because we had him sleeping in a playpen in our room.  It was just much more convenient to have him right there next to our bed, as I was breastfeeding, and he was waking every few hours, so I definitely don't think it's a problem to only have one bedroom in the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our LO is 12 weeks and we live in a big 1 bedroom. It's been working out fine so far. We just basically hang out in the living room while she sleeps at night. Our lease is up May 1, so she'll be 1 when we move... hoping for the best the next 9 months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this same anxiety. A is almost 3 months and we're just moving into a 2 bedroom this week! It actually went better than I expected in a one bedroom. A is a loud sleeper (lots of grunting) so we had her sleep in the living room and used a video monitor. It worked out pretty well. H and I just hung out in the bedroom after we put her down for bed. She sleeps in a rock n play, but now that we're moving I can finally transition her to the crib. It will all work out! She spent the first month sleeping on me during the day anyway. It was frustrating not having a nursery for her while seeing so many people here on the bump who are not in NYC posting pictures of their nurseries, but the babies don't care, so don't worry. So many families with two grown kids live in 1 bedrooms and make it work, you'll be just fine.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"