TTC after 35

A little panicky after unexpected result last night (bfp mentioned)

Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much after my 3 failed out of pocket IUI attempts, my DH and I took it pretty hard. Although I havent been able to post, I've been reading every single post and response, crying over the c/p's and unsticky LOs, and still gathering hope.

AF is due today, DH and I had a week of vacation during O time, and I spent a lot of time horizontal..increasing my usual time of relaxing AFTER BD. Last night I decided to POAS, a little wondfo, out of the same pack of 50 I've been using every month for a year with no second line. Well, it was there. I was so surprised- is it the leftover trigger- wait I haven't had meds for four months! Did I mess it up- splatter or something? My DH was due home in a few minutes, so with chattering teeth, I started cooking dinner. We took another, even darker line. Ended up heading to the store for the FRER, and yes, second line in minute or so.

I am soooo scared! We lost one 3 years ago at about 5 weeks. At this point in TTC I thought we were gonners, no chance...

Coincidentally, I have my yearly lady doc appt next week and was throwing in another FSH test- a year ago it was 15.3, I had a AFC of 6. I guess now I can throw that out and throw in a beta? I hope I can still get support over the next few weeks with this, I promise to be more supportive!

Thank you all for your stories and advise and helpful information, I have learned so much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A little panicky after unexpected result last night (bfp mentioned)

• Congratulations, first of all!

Take a deep breath, and then enjoy this time that you are pregnant! I know, when I get my next BFP, I'll be terrified of losing it again, but for the meantime, try to enjoy this moment! 

If you are that concerned that your previous m/c may have been the result of a cause other than the more common/non-preventable ones, I would call your OB/GYN today and see if s/he thinks you need to be on any supportive supplements. And I'd get your Beta sooner. Then, when you go to your appointment next week, you can have your 2nd Beta, which will make you feel better when it has at least doubled.

Just my thoughts. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Thank you!

I don't have any reason to think my loss was from a preventable cause...and so far my hormone levels have been good. I was thinking too that I wouldn't have a comparison if I waited until next week to get a blood test; if I go today they could check progesterone too I guess. Good idea :)

Good luck today if you decide to go in for your Beta...

• Loading the player...
  • I think the extra bit of information sooner will help put you at ease so that you can enjoy the BFP...

Let us know what happens! 

(I went in for my Beta-- I'll have results around 10:15/10:30.)

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Just called- they wouldn't have results until Tuesday! I hate this OBGYN, and stopped seeing my RE several months ago, so I can't go to her and ask for a beta. I guess I am waiting until Weds for my appt. I am going to stay calm and expect to start feeling some symptoms, other than constant peeing, soon!
  • Tuesday?!  That's a long time!  My RE's office would have results by the afternoon if you did a morning draw.  Try to stay calm in the meantime and enjoy the fact that today, you are pregnant!  Congratulations!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Congrats that's awesome! Do you think if you called your RE they'd let you come in? Mine has on non medicated cycles.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can you get the order from your OB but bring it to a different lab? And then just have the OB's nurse give you your results?

My RE has to send my b/w to the lab across the street and the courier came at 8:30am so I had to be in before that. My results will be back by 10:30...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• She might, but I have a lot going on today with family and work, and it would probably still be Monday before I got results :( might as well just play it cool...and keep POASs!

The dumb nurse at the Gyno said "oh sure, they can still do your Pap next week"- I was like what??? She said, "Oh, let me ask to doc." Duh.

I know I'm 35 1/2- but I would like to not think of myself as high risk...especially since that means a much harder OB hunt. Thoughts?

Thanks for all of the support team!

• What a beautiful surprise!  I'd still go through my RE.  Just because you were on a break doesn't mean they wouldn't see you.  They will be thrilled!
  • Congratulations!  I know that feeling of being so scared due to a previous loss.  But one loss doesn't mean you're doomed for another one.  A few months after my loss, I got pregnant with my DD who is now 20 months old.  I hope that info helps. :)
    Again, congrats!!

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Congratulations!!!! Most def keep us posted and best of luck :)
  • What a wonderful surprise congrats!  Hope you get great news with your beta.  Try to relax and enjoy it :)

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • congratulations! As other posters have mentioned, just relax, and enjoy being pregnant for now.
    "Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley
  • Congrats!  I am so happy for you...  :)

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Congrats!!!!

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• I am so happy for you, too!!! Please stick around for a little while and keep us posted on everything! 
  • Congratulations!

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Congratulations!
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Congrats!!!

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh congratulations, that's wonderful!   I hope everything goes well for you ~ keep us posted!
  • Congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"