August 2011 Moms
Options

birthday themes

I totally was not going to be the mom who put a ton of work into a first birthday party...but, I turned into one.

We are doing a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme. What is everyone else planning?

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: birthday themes

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    Sunshine theme! : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fun in the Sun! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am thinking of doing the monkey cake, but I don't know if there will be a theme otherwise as it really won't be a big party at all.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Garden Fairy theme at a local park :)
  • Options
    I am the exact opposite - I knew I was going to be "that" mom with the theme parties LOL. We're doing a Monkey / Jungle theme. Cupcakes and smash cakes with monkeys on them, I going to turn the ceiling of the patio into a jungle canopy using different shades of green crepe paper, tables will have palm tree center pieces with citronella candles to ward off mosquitos, I have signs and decorations galore! I can't wait. The only thing that isn't particularly themed is the party favors, I'm sticking with bubbles and some jellie beans but they will have monkey thank you tags on them. I'm sure it's much grander in my head than what it will be in real life, but oh well, that's the fun of theme parties!!
    image image image image image image
  • Options

We're doing a dirt/Worm theme...  His nickname is Worm, so it just seemed to fit.

Some crushed Oreo, lots of chocolate, some gummy worms and some buckets and shovels.

DS1 and DS2 will be the only kids at the party, so it won't be all that elaborate. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are doing a little monster theme! I got a lot of motivation from pinterest.

My friend is making this cake!

monster party - monster cake

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just loved this theme when I first saw it 1st Lil Rebel theme Big Smile Blues, Black and Silver oh and Skulls. OMG I can't belive how fast it will be here....Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Pink Lemonade theme! I wasnt going to go overboard but I have done way too many crafts and crap. I think I started about 6 months ago so I got a good head start :)
  • Options

DS nickname is monkey man so we are doing a monkey theme party. I am doing both store bought and my own crafty things. I am making his cake... ( OH GOOD LORD Indifferent) I did a trial run and it did look like a monkey :)

• Options
    We're doing Yo Gabba Gabba. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Minnie Mouse!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

Yo gabba gabba :] 

I got her a custom made Brobee diaper, my sister bought her Brobee kicks, and I am making a Brobee cake!

She LOVES Brobee. She has a stuffed one that she carries around all day. He needs a bath... 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sports. I wasn't going to go overboard with being crafty, but I couldn't find what I wanted. After I bought a pack of crafting foam to make cut-outs for the invitations, the whole "not going overboard" thing went out the door.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We're doing a music festival theme...so lots of tie dye and rainbow colors.  I was so making fun of my husband for going over board with the party but I've so bought in. 
  • Options

I got these decorations: https://www.partycity.com/product/boy+1st+birthday+cutouts+30ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&pp=60&size=all&page=2&navSet=169831

They match the decorations my sister got for my baby shower last year so I just had to go with it.

• Options
    picnic themed party - like bbq foods, corn on the cob, watermelon.  i'm going to attempt making cupcakes that look like watermelons.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    S-TunaS-Tuna member
    Rock star invites. Silver/black/light blue color theme.
  • Options
    No real theme, just lots of color.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's a hybrid theme. Picnic in the park....at a local park. This kind of evolved into a "watermelon" theme when I saw cute things on Pinterest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're also doing the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I made the invites myself but I found some free food label files online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"