2nd Trimester
Options

Gagging in 2nd trimester?

Sorry in advance for the TMI.  It seems for most of the time when I try to eat something that requires chewing, I gag after a few mouthfuls and can't get any more down.  Soft things like ice cream or yogurt, I'm fine.  I thought it would end after the first trimester, but actually it's gotten worse.   My doctor said to just stick to foods I like, but even that's not working because now I'm to the point where I even gag with eggs or oatmeal, both of which I love.  Has anyone experienced this? 

Re: Gagging in 2nd trimester?

• Options
    Luckily for me, mine ended with 1st tri, however, this happens to a lot of people. Some people have m/s throughout their entire pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Eating what you like is bad advice. Eating what you can is good advice.

I love to eat spaghettio's! But the thought of them makes me sick. I'm not a huge fan of apples, but my stomach accepts them. So I eat the apples.

Eat whatever stays down.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I never had m/s but as my friend's birth partner, she had it to varying degrees throughout her pregnancy.  Her gagging occurred when she brushed her teeth, and it did worsen in 2nd trimester, but it did get better.

• Options
    I had a week at like 17 weeks where I gagged but it went away. ?I'm sorry!
  • Options
    yup, I'm a gagger.  I realized this morning that when I bend over- like putting food or water in the dog bowls - I gag....I have no clue why.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have gagged the entire time!  And I lost my breakfast this morning as well!  When will it end!
  • Options
    Yup--I'm a gagger too!  Started my 15th wk today and I can still only eat certain foods. I'm hoping that my appetite comes back because I really want to eat!!! I haven't gained any weight yet but I'm on the heavier side so the baby is growing & growing. 
  • Options

I actually wasn't sick at all during the first tri, but have been getting little waves of nausea every once in awhile the last few weeks.  I told DH that I feel worse in the second tri than I did in the first!  Crazy, but I guess that just goes to show that we're all different....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"