Adoption
Options

First Homestudy Meeting

We had our first meeting with our social worker yesterday, and it went well.  She's a really nice lady, and we didn't feel judged or anything like that at all.  We felt more like she is just walking us through the requirements really.  We have lots and lots of homework to do, and I am a little stressed, but we will just take it one step at a time.  We are so excited to be moving forward with this!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Homestudy Meeting

• Options
    Glad it went well.  We had ours last Saturday and we have our second (last) visit tomorrow.  It was super laid back.  The home tour took like 5 minutes and it was really no big deal..just lots and lots of talking.  We don't have any paperwork/homework as we completed all that a couple weeks ago.  Tomorrow she plans to talk to us each individually I guess.  Should be interesting..I'm excited to be done with the home study but nervous to be waiting with nothing to focus on, except the fact that we're waiting lol.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so glad it went well!  I would be stressed too, I think the homestudy part sounds pretty overwhelming, but I know it will be so worth it in the end.  Good luck, baby steps always help me when I'm trying to tackle a huge task.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it went so well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Congrats! I'm glad you got a good feeling from it. That's how our SW made us feel: "Here's a lot of paperwork you need to fill out, and we're going to chat so I can get to know you." Not judgmental at all.

Yay!

• Options
    Yay! Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad it went well. It's so nice that your worker made you feel comfortable (I think that is the main thing that I am freaking out about at this stage). Good luck with your next homestudy meetings! I hope they are all as good as the first :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"