Health & Exercise

weight gain no no's

Any helpful ideas that you previous moms have tried to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight?

During my first pregnancy, I gained 52 pounds! In the 14 months of having my son, Ive lost a total of 80 lbs since I went in to the hospital to have him.

Now Im just starting out again and really going to try hard to maintain this time.

I NEVER ate horribly and never have been a junk food eater.

My goal this time around is to stay active, drink lots of water and not my sweet tea and really try to eat better and not give into the cravings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: weight gain no no's

• I think the two things that help me the most are that I still work out every day, either an hour on the treadmill or do one of my hour long video tapes, and I still weigh myself every day.  10 years ago, I lost a lot of weight and those are two things that I've always done to maintain that weight loss, and I continue to do those things while pregnant.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say try to keep up a workout routine of some sort, even if its just walking.  I did NOT do this and as a result am back to my old weight prior to when I started running in 2009 (my first baby was born March 2012).  I gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy which I am ok with.  I would agree with cutting out the sweet tea.  The hard part is the holidays...I was eating like 3 Christmas cookies per day :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First, respect your body - Heidi Klum, for instance, once said that no matter what she ate, her body always gained 50 pounds with each child. Yes, she's a celeb, blah blah - my point is, her body wanted to gain 50 pounds each time, no matter what she ate.

Secondly - stay active. Take the stairs, try to fit in those walks, do something every day, even if it's little. It really helps keep the huge weight gain down!

Replace sweets with fruit, or try to limit your sweets to once a week.

Drink lots of water. Watch the sugar. I did all this and gained 33 pounds with DD, and 28 pounds with DS. I still splurged on occasion and I still enjoyed my food, but if you are overall conscious about what you are putting in your body (which it sounds like you are) you'll be fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I exercised every day and ate the best I could (but definitely indulged every now and then to satisfy my sweet tooth).  I also teach so I stood all.day.long which helped out.  Make the most of times like brushing your teeth- I would do squats or lunges.  Also, sit on a yoga ball as much as possible; not only will it help keep yout ab and back muscles strong, but at the end of your pregnancy it can help move baby down into position.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"