March 2012 Moms
Options

Crawling ?

My LO is trying so hard to crawl but gets frustrated when he can't do it.  Now all his toys, swing, playmat & kick and play piano, doesn't amuse him anymore.  He wants on his belly to crawl!  Only problem is he can't crawl yet.  What else can I do to keep his attention?  Keep in mind I am a STHM so it's 24/7 for me.  I will post this on their board too but wanted to see what this board thought since I'm more comfortable here.

Re: Crawling ?

• Options
    I might should add that I know he is not going to crawl for another couple months!
  • Options

Well, I am not sure what to tell you about keeping his attention, because I am finding it more and more difficult to find things to keep DD's attention throughout the day.  She will roll to her belly every time I put her on the floor/bed, so I try to put toys that she really likes nearby and she tries to grab them to play with them.  We go on walks almost every day, we listen to music and dance, read stories.  Nothing really keeps her attention for long now though.  We just bought a jumperoo and she likes it because she has more freedom to move than if we are holding her.

It's definitely challenging to find things to do now. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two totally different babies.  One loves and is completely content swinging (Still) and loves sitting in his bouncy seat watching the baby channel and hates his play mat.  The other not so much.  She likes the bumbo better and wants to try to grab everything she sees.  she also likes her play mat and will play until she falls asleep. 

Do you have a exersaucer?  My older two always loved that after the play mats, etc. stopped entertaining them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't heard of an exersaucer. I did look on amazon and I think this will definitely help!  Thanks so much!
  • Options
    What about a jumperoo? DD loves hers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    --Formerly FamiliaGreen--
    C&D-05.28.11 Noelle Marie-03.12.12 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My DD is the same - she's so desperate to get moving that she isn't content anywhere for long any more. 

Our place mat works for about 10 minutes, and the jumperoo is good for another 30 minutes on a good day. I end up carrying her mostly, TBH. In the Ergo. She loves it in there, and can see lots, etc. She's getting heavy, but the alternative is to let her bawl on the floor so it's the better option. Plus it's a good workout for me ;)  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Today our lil guy is finally getting his feet in the right place and is managing to get his ass up in the air and move forward a bit. he has been trying and trying but just couldnt seem to get traction.... I was looking at some of the big runner jigsaw mats in Walmart the other day, I think I might get some.. we have wooden floors and he might find those easier than our big shaggy black rug when he gets going.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"