Special Needs

***Brag Day Wednesday***

Post those brags Mommies! No brag is too small!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: ***Brag Day Wednesday***

• I have one for this week. Nate was at hippotherapy on Saturday (for speech) and the SLP was passing a ball back and forth with Nate. Nate wanted to make sure that everyone got a turn with the ball. Both spotters and the lead volunteer got the ball passed/tossed to them by Nate. The SLP turned to us and said "Nate's social skills are..WOW!"

I was so happy that he wanted to make sure everyone had a turn. Big Smile

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• LA is going to be a big sister in February :)
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been peeing in the bath water every night for awhile. And we bought a toilet potty seat for the upstair toilet.

I got fed up one night with it and he started peeing in bath water. I put him on the toilet seat and some pee went in the toilet but he peed again in the bath water when I put him back.

Well last night he started to pee a little in the water and I told him I would put him on the potty. He stopped.

I think I got through to him some how.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always felt funny posting on "Brag Days" but after reading so many brag posts on "normal" childrens' boards about how much their kid can do and me getting really upset, I think we all have a right to brag on here.

After so many months of worrying if DD will ever crawl, walk or be mobile in any way, she did a little "army" crawling (or at least her version of it) last week and asks us to hold our fingers to "walk" around the house this week.  This is giving us hope that we never had (oh, what others take for granted...)

One proud mamma here! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay!  

It's so much fun to read these posts because rather than get mad/sad, it gives me hope.  

{{hugs}} to everyone. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageJustinlove:
    LA is going to be a big sister in February :)

AWESOME! Congrats!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imageJustinlove:

Congrats!

Mine is that yesterday DD ate 25 oz of BM- a large amount for her!  In fact, she has only eaten this much a handful of times (less than 5) so, maybe this is a sign of a turnaround!  Fingers crossed!

• imageally81698:

I've always felt funny posting on "Brag Days" but after reading so many brag posts on "normal" childrens' boards about how much their kid can do and me getting really upset, I think we all have a right to brag on here.

After so many months of worrying if DD will ever crawl, walk or be mobile in any way, she did a little "army" crawling (or at least her version of it) last week and asks us to hold our fingers to "walk" around the house this week.  This is giving us hope that we never had (oh, what others take for granted...)

One proud mamma here! 

This is awesome! 

And, I agree about the other boards.  It makes me turn a shade of green that I don't wear well when I read those posts.  I like our Brag Days way better!

• imageJustinlove:

YAY!

DS2 had strabismus surgery a week ago today. We had our post-op appt this past Monday and the ophthalmologist says the realignment is looking really good. On top of that, DS2 never needed to be on pain meds (Tylenol), has remained in a pretty good mood since then, and hasn't really messed around with his eyes! I truly thought the first few days after the surgery were going to be tough but they weren't!

Oh, and yesterday when I asked him to say bye bye to the SLP he said "bye bye Ms. HerName"! We were both floored! He has never said her name spontaneously!

• image-auntie-:

My brag? DS got an 85% on his first college exam. Not so low as to demoralize him (or his parents), nor so high as to give him a false sense that he doesn't have to study. He's loving college so far. I hope this trend continues when he starts again in the fall with subjects that are less his cup pf tea.

Yeah for DS!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imageJustinlove:

Congratulations!!!

DS has his first imaginary friend.  When he showed up, I was so happy I teared up. He really is doing so well in his recovery. Every developmental milestone feels so much sweeter with him. 

• So I chaperoned a field trip for my son yesterday and his daycare class (traditional daycare)--and you know what????   For a while everyone has made me feel like he's had behavioral issues---and he did for a bit--but now I feel like he's totally like a regular 4 yr old.  In fact, I think (and this is not just his mom speaking here)--but I truly think that he was one of the better behaved ones there!!  Seriously. 

So if we can just get his words together and his brain doing what it needs to do---maybe someday he'll be in a normal classroom.  There IS hope.

• imageally81698:

I've always felt funny posting on "Brag Days" but after reading so many brag posts on "normal" childrens' boards about how much their kid can do and me getting really upset, I think we all have a right to brag on here.

One proud mamma here! 

You are so right.   Moms of the "normal" have no clue what it's like.  Your news is so awesome!!!  I love it.

• imageJustinlove:

SWEEEEEET!   That is so awesome.   She's going to be so happy =)  congrats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"