TTC after 35

Temping question

Hi all!

Well I've decided to give temping a go this month so that I can get that last piece of data that I need, which is what day I actually ovulate on.  I managed to remember to take it this morning when my alarm went off at 6AM, but the problem is that I was up several times during the night.  First, I had to get up to pee.  Then around 4AM, DD started crying and I had to go in and comfort her.  For some reason, it always takes me a while to get back to sleep after that.  Anyways, that doesn't happen every night but with a 20-month-old, it is bound to happen some of the time and is just not avoidable.

So my question is, how does all of this affect my BBT?  I got a reading of 97.7 this morning. I thought that was a little high for this early in my cycle (day 2 now).  So I'm wondering if all the night wakeups made it higher than it should be. 

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy

Re: Temping question

• Sleep interruptions like that caused my temp to be slightly higher than what was typical for me.

When entering data into FF, under the "specifics" tab, there is a spot where you can mark sleep-deprived.   

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • When I was temping I would have a hard time with this too because I tend to wake up a few times a night.  I would usually just record sleep deprived if I didn't get an hour or more uninterrupted sleep before wake up.  I think the rule is 3 hours but that rarely happened with me.  My chart still always showed my ovulation so it didn't make that much of a difference.  The overall pattern is what you are looking for.

Also during af temps can be wonky so don't worry about that.  They tend to be on the high side for me too.  The week before and after o is when temping is most important. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies, that is really helpful information!  I will keep trying and hopefully will get a nice pattern this month.  Thanks again!

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"