TTC after 35
Options

Traveling for work messing my mock cycle up...boo hoo

So I got AF and the last possible day to get an ultrasound is the sat I come back from Nantucket. It figures nothing can go as planned. I'm so ready to ask my boss how much would it cost to change my flight from sat to fri!!

Haahaa I'm sure that wouldn't go over well. Maybe I can pay the difference :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Traveling for work messing my mock cycle up...boo hoo

• Options
    Thanks for the tips! More than likely I won't ask. Well maybe whenever they are in a good mood....lol. If it was the real deal then of course I would leave a day early!! I realize that this process is a waiting game....guess I will wait patiently :) Was just hoping I could squeeze this 2nd mock in!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:

If he says no, call the airline and find out their stand-by policy. Sometimes if you show up early for the earlier flight you want to get on instead, they'll let you get on a stand-by list and go through security. Once there, one hour before the flight, you can (politely) let the gate attendant know that you are there. You won't know if you get a seat until 10 minutes before boarding, but if you get it, it shouldn't cost much. Some do it for free, some charge $50. 

But, super secret tip here: If you are very nice, show up dressed very nicely, and you'll blend in there, they will often choose to skip someone on the list in jeans and seat you in first class if coach is full.  

Yeah, this probably won't work. Flights to and from Nantucket are small prop planes!! It's a tiny island...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    McIrish I forgot to mention that!! How could I since I've been there like 10 times...haaha. Too bad the couple that are up staying with us could leave fri on their private plane and just take me home with them!!!! Stupid work.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options

ticker warning...

That sucks that you might have to wait another month, Becky.  I hope you're able to enjoy your trip, at least!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs.McIrish:

Yeah, this probably won't work. Flights to and from Nantucket are small prop planes!! It's a tiny island...

Yeah, didn't you guys ever watch "Wings?"  LOL

I'm sorry work is conspiring against you! Too bad they won't do the U/S on a Saturday. You'd think that RE offices would be open on the weekends for even things like U/S considering the nature of their business...

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    My goodness you are having a string of bad luck. Are there any after work flights off the island on Friday? Wouldn't there be more call for seats to the island rather than off on Friday? It couldn't hurt to call to see if there are any seats, though yeah, probably not during July. There's always the ferry ...
  • Options
    imagedanieleandwayne:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

Yeah, didn't you guys ever watch "Wings?"  LOL

I'm sorry work is conspiring against you! Too bad they won't do the U/S on a Saturday. You'd think that RE offices would be open on the weekends for even things like U/S considering the nature of their business...

yes I watched wings... :)  They can do the u/s on sat but I'm pretty sure I wont make it back in time. We usually have a morning flight but not the wee early ones. No worries....I will have to wait like all of you that have the same problem...the waiting game!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    imageannalisel:
    My goodness you are having a string of bad luck. Are there any after work flights off the island on Friday? Wouldn't there be more call for seats to the island rather than off on Friday? It couldn't hurt to call to see if there are any seats, though yeah, probably not during July. There's always the ferry ...
    If this was the real deal I would for sure tell my boss I need to go home. The dad takes the ferry and then drives home while the rest of us fly back. I would have to decide like tomorrw to see if when the one couple was leaving since they come on their private plan but it's not really worth the agravation in trying to get home. It is what it is :(

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Well not like this is important but I did ask this morning when I would be home that sat and he said he didn't know. WTH. They don't know if I'm taking the private plane back or a regular flight home which puts me back home around 5. Idiots. I even told them why and it didn't phase them. I then said well if this was the DE cycle I WOULD be flying home early.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"