July 2012 Moms
Options

So here is what is NOT inducing labor...

Sushi, wasabi, bouncing on a birth ball, walking, sex, Pineapple, visualizing going into labor, eating banana muffins, staying active, talking to my baby and telling her she can come out now, basil, hot baths, relaxation....

I seriously feel like nothing I do is going to make baby come so I am going to stop trying and just eat and do whatever I want. Baby is due today and there are no signs that she is going to make her grand entrance. I am at least proud of myself for not sitting around crying, yet...but that could happen any time now.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So here is what is NOT inducing labor...

• Options

What's weird is I thought I would be sitting around grumpy or crying for the day of my due date and the days following... but I've actually been in a much better mood. 

But I have tried everything as well. Add chocolate and red raspberry leaf tea to my list.

Today I have started using my pump for nipple stimulation. It was my last resort as it is supposed to cause more painful contractions, but I really want my LO to come on her own! Other than that, I have given up on naturally inducing (though I will continue to drink red raspberry leaf tea, it is supposed to help with healing afterward).

BabyName Ticker image
  • Options
    My Dr. told me today that it's basically all OWTs....it doesn't really work.
    Elvira & Rudy Married - (06/07/03) ~ DS: Nevin (3/1/99) DS: Aston (3/24/04) ~ Baby Boy in heaven D&C at 8 weeks (9/3/10) lil peanut due July 25, 2012~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Add three rounds of acupuncture/acupressure to that list. And black/blue cohosh. And 8 boxes of raspberry leaf tea (yes, eight).

The castor oil and I are currently having a staring contest. So far, it's winning.
  • Options
    I feel like if labor follows any of the OWTs it is pure coincidence and then reinforces the idea that it works.  I did take some long walks the last few days, but today was too hot and I was just lazy all day.  Laziness doesn't induce labor either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Im going to be 39 weeks on Wed so I have been slowly trying some of the "old wives tales" tonights was hot sauce (I don't like anything spicy so even a little bit was too much) My friend told me that vacuuming isn't good during the last month cus it can cause contractions, well I cleaned 4 rooms and nothing. 

Honestly I am convinced that they baby wouldn't come until hes ready (or until hes WAY over due and the Dr needs him out!)

so for the most part I have been relaxing and taking it easy, Ive tried adding walking but when its 100 out, too hot to be outside!  I have been on the yoga ball at work and just got my old one out at home- hey it can't hurt!  *unless it pops*

• Options
    imageSweetLittleThing:

imageuppereastgal:
    Add three rounds of acupuncture/acupressure to that list. And black/blue cohosh. And 8 boxes of raspberry leaf tea (yes, eight).

The castor oil and I are currently having a staring contest. So far, it's winning.

My mom swears castor oil is how I finally joined the world at almost 2 weeks overdue...  

I know someone as well that used castor oil and prune juice and had her baby that day. She swears by it but I'm too chicken to try because that can and most likely will put you on the toilet all day! But what I was told this woman did was 1oz castor oil adn 1oz prune juice to start, and then a bit later she had 1oz more of each and BAM! she was in labor. Good luck and be careful!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing worked for me...still at zero at 41 weeks s being induced Wed.
  • Options
    Nope! Nothing has worked for me either. I also tried sex and homeopathic medicine. Also the occasional crying fit has not helped either. 
  • Options
    haha...yes walking, sex, spicy food, pineapple, sitting on ball I've decided to give up trying
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"