Parenting after 35

How did I not know about this board?/Intro

I just realized this board existed.  I was on TTC after 35 for a.long.time.  I moved over to the IF board and now am mainly on multiples - though the non-pregnant moms over there are either quiet or have left.

I have two teenage sons from my first marriage and got remarried in 2009 and started TTC right away.  I got pregnant on my own in late 2009, had a loss in 2010 and went straight to the RE.  We ended up doing an IVF with DE and were lucky enough to have our twin daughters.  We did an elective single embryo transfer so it was quite a shock but we love having twins and my boys are getting the best birth control lesson of their lives!  Though we have one frostie -we're done.  I'll be 42 next month.   

I saw the check in below and was glad to see lots of familiar faces from the TTC A 35 board.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did I not know about this board?/Intro

• Hi, welcome to the board!  I remember you from TTC +35.  Your girls are adorable!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi jcath!  I remember you from the TTC35+ board too!  OMGosh, so much cuteness in your siggy!

I lurk more than I post.  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jcathjcath member

Hi Strunella - I remember you from TTC and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. 

Rach!  I sent you a PM recently after I saw your post on PG after 35 - check yours. 

• Hello and welcome!!!!

This board has been around for 3 years now--just before I delivered my DS in August 2009.  I'm quite lapsed of late, but it's a nice group of ladies here.

Your twins are adorable! 

(And I'm 42, too.)

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • steverstever member
    Hi and welcome!
  • mwdmwd member
    Welcome! Awesome ladies on this board. 
  • Hi JCath-

I remember you from TTC+35 Your girls are gorgeous. 

I'm getting ready for a FET in September, if you don't mind me asking, how did you both come to your decision to do an ESET?  I've been trying to research more about it and I'm finding out lots of interesting stats but any info is helpful!

Thanks, JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• jcathjcath member
    imageJilliansMoma:

Hi JCath-

I remember you from TTC+35 Your girls are gorgeous. 

I'm getting ready for a FET in September, if you don't mind me asking, how did you both come to your decision to do an ESET?  I've been trying to research more about it and I'm finding out lots of interesting stats but any info is helpful!

Thanks, JM 

I remember you too!

We decided to do an eSET probably for the same reason you are thinking of it.  I had two kids and anyway we looked at it - twins or more would be a problem. Financially, space-wise, time-wise, emotionally, etc. We talked to our RE about it and he felt OK given I had a "proven uterus" and we agreed we'd make the final decision when we knew what our embies looked like.  When we got to transfer, the RE said we have great looking embryos, lets go with one.

And all the things we were worried about are really true.  I'm paying $2000 a month in daycare and have to pay college tuition, our house is really small, we've had to give up alot to make it work.  The great news is we do make it work and I wouldn't have it any other way.  But, on the hard days, I'm glad I can't second guess my decision. I did everything I could to have just a third child...apparently the universe wanted me to have 4. I can't beat myself up about that.

If I had a bigger house and was staying at home anyway - it might have been a different decision from the start...though I still struggle with feeling like I can give each kid enough of me.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"