Military Families
Options

Ft Carson - Army Hospitals

Hey everyone! We are stationed at Ft Carson and while DH is deployed I want to get my facts straight before we start TTC #2! How is Evans Army Hospital? And for those who have delivered off base how does Tricare work? If I go Standard for delivery, can I switch back to Prime? I have been told that the hospital is one of the better ones and I know they do VBAC which is what I would like to go for as long as circumstances allow it. Thanks ladies!

Anyone stationed at Carson or the area bases? Would love to meet new people too!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ft Carson - Army Hospitals

• Options

I went through my first pregnancy, labor, and delivery and the 1st trimester of my second pregnancy at Ft. Carson's Evan's Army Community Hospital.  I have nothing bad to say them.

Since I used the base services for my pregnancies I can't tell you how standard works but I give 2 thumbs up to civilian OB/GYN Dr. Weary; however, last I knew he was located way north in Colorado Springs while the base is way south. Dr. Weary was my gynecologist prior to meeting my husband. I always thought he'd deliver my kids but I never bothered to look into civilian doctors once I got pregnant since I was on TriCare.

• Options

I'm here! I had my son there and I'm going there for this baby also. They were pretty good over all I got a healthy baby at the end!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are stationed at Carson, but even though I have 3 boys, this is my first pregnancy at Evans, I've only had 2 appointments but both have went smoothly and I've loved the nurses and midwife so far!

Brian Shawn 15 years old; Ethan Jonathon 10 years old; Greyson Conrad 5 years old; Keegan Ryan 3 years old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"