LGBT Parenting
Options

Clarity

So - as I have said before, I am largely an introvert - and, I wanted to share something here even though I don't normally say super personal things.  A friend of mine is going through a serious family crisis involving abused children and CPS.  It's tearing her apart, and her stories are haunting me.  I read what a hard time many of you are having:  addiction in families, relationships ending, challenges with foster systems, TTC and losses, etc. Sometimes when really important things are hard (like what my friend and many of you are facing), I am reminded of all the challenges we face that become all consuming but are really not that big of a deal.  Like some of my family challenges and what to wear in family pics so my parents don't judge me.  In other words, perspective and clarity.  I recently wrote an article for a local gay mag that uses the phrase "be authentic" - and I say let's do it.  Let's wear shorts in the pictures and let's think how lucky we are to have safe homes for our kids.  Let's push back against homophobia and be proud.  Life is too short to waste on little things. I feel like I should sign this Jerry McGuire.  Oh, and if I take down the post, it's because I have emotional hangover and feel I over shared.

Re: Clarity

• Options
    love this.  do not delete! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, CT. I was starting to get nervous...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i think it's great! clarity in our hearts and minds helps a long way! (((hugs to everyone))
  • Options

I love the AUTHENTIC !!!!I love this !!!

its so so so so true!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

To give credit where it is due - the magazine uses "Be Authentic", not my article.  I borrowed the phrase for my post.  My article is about the effect of masculinity on gay males experiencing intimate partner violence. 

• Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member

imagectbride08:
    love this.  do not delete! ;)

Ditto. Smile

• Options
    Awesome!!! :) Thanks for sharing. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    100% Agreed :)
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

Beautifully said - thank you for this all to important reminder :-) 

• Options

"Let's wear shorts in family pictures." Lol 

I love this. It brought a smile to my face after a stressful day and it's only 9:18 in the morning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTwoMommies & TwoDoggies:

"Let's wear shorts in family pictures." Lol 

I love this. It brought a smile to my face after a stressful day and it's only 9:18 in the morning. 

Son of a b**ch this is my post too. I don't know how many posts I made under my wife's name lol 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"