LGBT Parenting

Re: TTT

• Options

1.  BIG week of family coming up.

2.  Party on Saturday - E's b-day on Monday.

3. I can do this.

4.  Coffee is always delicious.

5.  The house is 80% clean, and we have meal plans.  That should help.

6.  I am so relieved that my dog is doing well.  She's like a new dog.

7.  We watered our lawn for the first time.  There, now it's out there.

8.  We think E is close to walking and talking - I bet in the next month.

9.  Emotions, emotions, emotions about family.

10.  I'd like to use #10 to thank all of you for the constant support.  As an introvert, one of the things I like most about the board is that it is always supportive.  Sometimes you just need to hear - good job, sending support, you can do it, etc.  I like that we do that for each other.  Thanks all!

• Options

1) It all started out so nice, now its not. I am hoping we can get back to nice at least for Ky.

2) My dad told me yesterday that he thinks I should just stay with them indefinately...

3) Coming from my dad #2 is huge. I think he is concerned about my mom and thinks if I live there I can help with her as her health deteriorates more. Which clearly I can and am happy to do so I just do not know about being 30 and living at home...I guess I have 2 more years to worry about that Stick out tongue

4) I am thinking about enrolling Ky in a tumbling or swimming or dance class. She needs something.

5) All of Ky's old baby stuff is stacked in the center of my parents' garage. I have to sort it and take it to the local baby buy back place by this weekend. That kid has WAY too many clothes and toys.

6) My car needs detailed on the inside bad. Ann was supposed to do it a year ago when I inherited the car from her and she got the brand new car. Wonder if I can convince my dad to help?

7) Ky and I are going out with our friend K tonight. I am excited to get out with a friend and not worry about this stuff for a while.

8) I need a mani and a pedi bad. I do my own but it is somethign iahve just not had time for lately. Maybe I will just do the mani myself and splurge on the pedi with part of this month's bonus.

9) Since Ky's birthday party has been split in two and moved locations and in the case of my family dates my friend from IN and K are getting together with Ky for a mini party on Saturday night at Chuc.k E Chee.se

10) Work calls and since I was so unproductive yesterday I need to actually try to make my half day count...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemadisonpeas:

10.  I'd like to use #10 to thank all of you for the constant support.  As an introvert, one of the things I like most about the board is that it is always supportive.  Sometimes you just need to hear - good job, sending support, you can do it, etc.  I like that we do that for each other.  Thanks all!

I love this too! I have always been terribly introverted and like the fact that I can come here and talk to some really awesome people! 

• Options

1. Another 102 degree day!  I hate to sound like Eeyore, but I am kind of running out of (free or cheap) things to do with this active girl!

2. And, nearly an active boy!  His new nickname: Scooter McTooter.

3. I used to judge lazy folks who went through drive thrus. I am sorry.  They are a godsend. Walgreens, the bank & Starbucks, all with a sleeping baby & a preschooler listening to a book on tape. Miracle.

4. I showed Carrot pics on pinterest of Hungry Caterpillar and she's hooked!  Invites going out today!

5. It's only a bit shameless--I didn't show her any pics of princess parties.  I had some fun ideas (archery a la Brave) so I had made peace with it.

6. All my electronics are going kerflooey at once.  Touchscreen on my phone--sending a new one. Our home computer--won't turn on. L's work computer--password issues.

7. We bought 25# of blueberries and 10 # of peaches---most are in my happy second freezer.

8. I think we figured out what to get Carrot for her bd--an active toy (scooter or roller skates), a "clo" (pjs or a shirt to wear on her bd),  and a book.  Michaels had all of this initial stuff for $1, so I got a pretty necklace with her initial.

9. screecher Mc Screech needs me. More later.

• Options

1. I haven't done this in a while.

2. There's a baby hiccuping behind me.

3. I thought I would be happier.  I just keep thinking that he isn't mine.

4. K isn't having this problem.

5. I'm taking the week off to spend time with the baby.

6. K's mom is here visiting for three days.  It's so good to see her with the babe!

7. I want to TTC now, but K wants to wait to see what happens with Baby S's case. 

8.  We're having a "three way" shower in a few weeks.  It's for K and I, my cousin E (who had her baby so early), and my cousin-in-law M (who is due in October).  It should be so much fun!

9.  That's it for now!

• Options
    imagemandykatie:

3. I thought I would be happier.  I just keep thinking that he isn't mine.

Take it easy on yourself. Hugs. 

It is scary, and more complicated.

Enjoy what you can. Some of the moments will be better than you ever thought.

I told myself that many of my friends who have given birth don't feel the way they expect to, or the way our culture makes us feel we should. It takes time. 

• Options

1. Oh hi

2. I'm trying to take care of myself. Sometimes it's not easy.

3. Henry is the light. He is so insanely adorable and fun and hilarious. He's my motivation and my heart.

4. Got some bad news today. Knew it was coming - that didn't make it easier.

5. It's really super hot. I'm so grateful for a/c and access to a pool.

6. I need to go grocery shopping and cook.

7. Henry's getting his 2 yr molars. Ouch. For both of us.

8. I'm spending so much time outside with Henry, I am more tan than I think I've ever been in my life.

9. Have you tried those new refresher drinks at Starbucks? The berry hibiscus is so good!

10. I was so bummed to miss the Philly gtg - very excited about a possible MA one soon!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs._F:

2. I'm trying to take care of myself. Sometimes it's not easy.

4. Knew it was coming - that didn't make it easier.

I'm sorry.  I think I owe you an email, but you know where to find me if you want to chat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. New blog post this morning.

2. Shoot me.

3. Speech therapy and mental health evals for Owl today.

4. School starts for A and Iz next week, they are so excited.

5. I need to see a therapist but that would probably make things worse right now and I don't need worse, I need better.

6. I'm ready for Fall.

7. There is a Chipotle opening in Canada and they are looking for transfers to fill the store, I would love for J to go for one of the positions but it can't and won't happen.

8. We are considering moving into J's boss' rental house. 

9. I feel like this is one of those super-high-stress-lose-a-bunch-of-weight times for me.

10. If I stick my head in the sand will it all go away? 

• Options
    imagethemommymonster:

2. I've slept on the couch for the last three nights because DP's snoring is so bad. She just tells me, "It isn't my fault." I told her last night (at midnight, when I stormed out of the bedroom) that we might want to invest in a twin bed for the office since we're clearly never sharing a bed again.

3. I am really frustrated by #2. She did not snore this loud/bad/often when she was skinnier. I've been asking her for months to get healthy with me. She acts like she will, but then she goes and buys unhealthy foods at the store. *sigh* 

I know there is probably more to it than simple congestion and what not but have you ever tried the breathe right strips? I snore sometimes really loudly and I find if I wear one it helps.

• Options

1. I have been thinking at MommiesinOH a lot. :(

2. I caught a glimpse of myself getting out of the shower last night. It was not pretty. I am thinking about trying SlimFast for breakfast/lunch at work. Anyone tried them? Lunch used to be a social thing for me at work, but recently I have been eating in my office so I don't think I would miss going to the cafeteria. 

3.  I need to get all of these papers off of my desk. That is my afternoon goal.

4. I fell asleep last night at 9:15 while L was watching something on tv and woke up 20m later and then could.not fall back asleep. I finally got up and went downstairs to watch tv (which I never do) and couldn't fall back asleep till midnight. Poo.

5. My knees are killing me. I am 99.9% it is related to #2.

6. Someone planted a pumpkin plant outside my office window and it is pretty much going to swallow up this building. I can't believe how big and quickly that thing is growing.

7.  I can't wait to hear about CT's adventure today. :)

8. I was supposed to have happy hour with my work husband tomorrow night, but he had to reschedule till August. Boo.

9. We are watching Newsroom on HBO. LOVE it. Anyone else watching?

10. Off to get lunch....how compatible will that be with #2?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. SIL #2, our last baby-related houseguest, arrives today.

2. We did about 5% of the cleaning that we would have done for a houseguest pre-babies. 

3. The kids have gotten really into their mobiles. Five minutes of entertainment! Woo! 

4. I can never remember what I wrote last week and probably repeat myself a lot.

5. I discovered a local-ish brand of English muffins (Franz) and I'm working my way through their entire flavor line-up. Current selection: Extra Crispy. Last selection: Double Raisin. Next selection: the extra-sour Sourdough.

6. I need to vacuum instead of 7-10.

7. Hugs and hopes of good news this week for all of you. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Ok so starting over as my computer at the initial 1 through 8...

1.  I hate technology (see above)

2.  My morning time m/s is getting better but my late afternoon/night time is getting much worse.  I am really hoping for second tri relief...

3.  I want to go shopping but that means I have to leave my house and venture into public. I don't like public right now!

4.  I really want strawberries but M is highly allergic to them.  Like if I get it on my hands and touch her it can be game over, hopsital time.  It's been almost 8 years since I've had one and no clue why I want one now...

5.  My house is finally starting to look like a home again and less like a dust collector etc.

6.  My dogs are by far the laziest dogs on the planet.  I swear all they do is sleep, eat and fart.

7.  I am going to do a fall garden.  M told me when it's time, she would go get the raisers for raised beds and dirt etc for me.  I figure this can be my fun second tri project and I can grow good fall veggies for us!

8.  I really hate conference calls.  I tend to zone out and really not pay attention.  Especially when I am doing things on the bump instead of listening.

9.  I am looking for a good baby book we can get that celebrates two mom instead of the standard mom/dad theme.  If anyone has any good ideas here just let me know.  I have not found any and I am now thinking of making my own...

10.  I really need to start listening to my call so I will end by saying I am sending tons of hugs and positive thoughts to everyong this week.  It seems like everyone this week needs a hug or a few. I know I am a newbie ;) but I am here if anyone needs anything!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. Thinking about all of you having a rough time this week and sending hugs your way.

2. E is spending some time having vacation with her dad this week. I miss my little girl.

3. I should probably spend evenings this week getting tons of things done at home.

4. But most of me just wants to watch TV that I never get to watch or read a good book. 

5. I had such a great time with my friend A this weekend. Sadly she has to work way too much to have much of a social life.

6. I need to get my butt back in exercise mode...somehow I must get E back into to going to the gym.

7. We are having muggy thunderstorm weather here. That doesn't happen often in Seattle but I love me a good thunderstorm.

8. Last night we took the doc who is leaving our clinic out for a farewell dinner. I have leftover gnocchi waiting for me at lunchtime.

9. Yeah that gnocchi is surely going to help with #6, ha!

10. Two weeks and two days until E and I head to Montana!

• Options
    image2brides:

1. I have been thinking at MommiesinOH a lot. :(

Thanks!

2. I caught a glimpse of myself getting out of the shower last night. It was not pretty. I am thinking about trying SlimFast for breakfast/lunch at work. Anyone tried them? Lunch used to be a social thing for me at work, but recently I have been eating in my office so I don't think I would miss going to the cafeteria. 

I used to do them for lunch but honestly I would get super hungry after like an hour and a half...

• Options
    image2moms2b:

9.  I am looking for a good baby book we can get that celebrates two mom instead of the standard mom/dad theme.  If anyone has any good ideas here just let me know.  I have not found any and I am now thinking of making my own...

10.  I really need to start listening to my call so I will end by saying I am sending tons of hugs and positive thoughts to everyong this week.  It seems like everyone this week needs a hug or a few. I know I am a newbie ;) but I am here if anyone needs anything!

YoungHouseLove has a good template I used.  Easy to modify and print.

• Options

1 I HAVE ONE YEAR OLDS OMG !

2. Party was a success but trip was a disaster

3. M caught her dad drinking again while we were there- she was bummed I felt bad nothing i could do I HATE That part- he almost missed the girls b day .

4. we are not going back to cali anytime soon

5.  I wanna do a smash cake session with the girls but we have so much going on we have to do our taxes UGG and get ready for the girls party in NV for friends UGG

6.  LOTS OF HUGS ALL Around I thought it was just us having a hard time maybe its the planets is something in retro grade ( i dont even know all that horoscope hookey mookey ***)

7.  we did not get the girls anything for their B day is that bad... they have no clue really - Oh I guess we will get them swim lessons ...

8. i am tired!

9. I am eating such crapola lately ...  and I feel bad because I am getting smaller  but M is not and I think that makes her mad... but she tends to be less active than me

10) where does all the MONEYGO ... WHERE?

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

1. Lots of supportive hugs all around. It has been a rough week.

2. Rough relationship week last week has turned positive for me. Fortunately timing was on my (our) side and we were able to have a really good rational conversation last night. Its amazing how a rational conversation can actually make things better :)

3. I am due to start my period (or test positive) on Thursday or Friday.

4. I am getting some cramping today, so I think it will be my period, and that makes me really sad. 

5. Good friends of ours had their second baby on the 3rd of July, and just seeing her, and her lovely older brother (he's one and a half) makes me so broody. I love them so much :)

6.  I am trying to justify not going to yoga tonight. And I just ate most of a ritter sport butter biscuit bar...

7. I learned to drive last year and was going to buy a mini cooper. My gf's mother gave me her old car (a 2003 Chevy Impala) to learn to drive in, and give me time to have a 'begginers crash' without ruining a new car. I hated her at first - but shegrew on me It is now getting old and almost ready to get rid of her and I will really miss the big old couch on wheels!

8. People who know I want to have a baby keep telling me that a mini is not a practical family car. I moved here from England 4 years ago - it will take more than 4 years of being in the land of the big car to convert me. I'm a believer :)

9. I have NEVER analyzed cramps like this in my life. Well...maybe during the last tww.

10. And I was doing so well putting TTC it out of my mind... until today.

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

ETA: This is N2A. Somehow I did this under my wife's screenname. 

1. My oldest brother turned 60 today, sadly he is still a prick. (Did I say that?)
    2. I am getting old...but I am glad my other 5 siblings are at least 5+ years older than I.
    3. I think C and I bought a house today...it is all a blur.
    4. OH FRICK! C and I did buy a house today. That is why I have ink all over my hand...too many papers to sign.
    5. I am excited for the Kiddos to see it, but sad because I know that they will miss this house and our neighbor.
    6. Every night when we pull up to the house they ask, "Is neighbor's car there?"
    7. I hope the move will be okay for them. I always hated moving when I was young.
    8. I am so sad to hear about the relationship issues going on. Hugs to all!
    9. My Mom had surgery and is recovering well. She has a nurse check on her everyday.
    10. C is at our new house right now changing the locks...I had 'Put the Kiddos to bed' duty.
    11. I could go on and on writing!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    image2moms2twins:

3. M caught her dad drinking again while we were there- she was bummed I felt bad nothing i could do I HATE That part- he almost missed the girls b day .

So sorry J.  Ugh... 

6.  LOTS OF HUGS ALL Around I thought it was just us having a hard time maybe its the planets is something in retro grade ( i dont even know all that horoscope hookey mookey ***)

I am not a believer in any of that....and yet it does seem we are all having challenging weeks.  Makes me wish we could have a nationwide GTG.

7.  we did not get the girls anything for their B day is that bad... they have no clue really - Oh I guess we will get them swim lessons ...

We got him one toy and a children's museum membership.  We are thinking a customized growth chart.  Have you see them on etsy?  Very cool.  You could have both girls on one!

• Options
    imageclairmeij:

8. People who know I want to have a baby keep telling me that a mini is not a practical family car. I moved here from England 4 years ago - it will take more than 4 years of being in the land of the big car to convert me. I'm a believer :)

Our former nanny had a Mini and was able to get 2 rear facing (and forward facing) car seats in the back seat and our double stroller in the trunk. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. So sorry for all the relationship trouble and other hardships going around :(  sometimes life is really hard.

2. We've never gotten our little girls bday gifts.  they dont know the difference and to us, the party is their gift.  when they are older and will know, we'll get them gifts.

3. I had a really special day yesterday and its making me extra excited for vacation.  I'm hoping for lots more cute baby snuggles!!

4. I feel like i've hardly worked this month.

5. I cant wait to get the adoption party pics back...should be any day now...

6. okay, must be productive today!

• Options
    imagemadisonpeas:
    image2moms2twins:

So sorry J.  Ugh... 

I am not a believer in any of that....and yet it does seem we are all having challenging weeks.  Makes me wish we could have a nationwide GTG.

We got him one toy and a children's museum membership.  We are thinking a customized growth chart.  Have you see them on etsy?  Very cool.  You could have both girls on one!

The girls have a growth chart  from my moms co worker they are all teachers and its a big ruler with their names on it ...

I think swim lessons and 2 parties is enough hahahah

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    hlkehlke member
    imagethemommymonster:

2. I've slept on the couch for the last three nights because DP's snoring is so bad. She just tells me, "It isn't my fault." I told her last night (at midnight, when I stormed out of the bedroom) that we might want to invest in a twin bed for the office since we're clearly never sharing a bed again.

3. I am really frustrated by #2. She did not snore this loud/bad/often when she was skinnier. I've been asking her for months to get healthy with me. She acts like she will, but then she goes and buys unhealthy foods at the store. *sigh* 

If she won't get healthier/lose weight, would she maybe at least talk to her doctor?  There are lots of options to help with snoring that might bring a little domestic peace. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"