August 2011 Moms
Options

14 hour car trip with 10 month old=Hell!!! (vent)

Well i'm back from the beach and i have to say i need a vacation from vacation!

We planned to leave at 2 am and put DS in his carseat and go thinking he would sleep until 7am-ish. Wrong! He woke up and didn't go back to sleep until noon! He would not fall asleep in his carseat and just cried the whole time. We had to stop to rock him and that didn't work either. Finally i went into a bathroom at a gas station, turned the lights off, and rocked him. We had to do this for every nap.

When we got to the beachhouse we had 20 family members staying with us. DS would not go to anyone and was super clingy. Every nap and nighttime my nephews would have a complete meltdown or temper tantrum and wake him up. So he slept in bed with us the whole time which we have never done. Now that we are home he won't sleep in his crib anymore. AWESOME!!!!! I'm thinking i may need to do CIO again. But now it will be so much harder :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 14 hour car trip with 10 month old=Hell!!! (vent)

• Options
    :( Sorry you had such a hard trip.  Hope he goes back into his old routine easily for you!! 
  • Options
    We just got back from a 15 hr roadtrip with 10 mo old DD. we keft at 1 am, thinking she would sleep... Not!!!  She only slept 2.5 hrs in the car. Didn't go to bed until 8 pm that night.  I guess many babies don't sleep well in the car :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no!  I'm sorry that it didn't go as well as you wanted.  Fingers crossed that he goes back to his normal routine quickly for you!
  • Options

OMG! that sounds absolutely horrible. i hope you can take an extra day off work so you can unwind soon.

i'm taking my first long trip vacation with my girls in August and this is what i am dreading! its a 9 hr drive and i have been debating when to leave for weeks now.... we went to the beach a few weeks ago, only a 3 hr drive. we left at nap time thinking they'd sleep most of the way - nope! they slept maybe 30 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin has a baby a couple months older and they came also. Thier baby napped ans slept in the car and was running around kicking a ball at the beach and had a great time. There is hope for all of you traveling. We just have a very nosy little guy who doesn't want to miss out on anything!
  • Options
    That? Sounds like a nightmare. So sorry. :(
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sounds almost exactly like my vacation a month and a half ago. Ugh. Sorry. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Options
    That sounds so terrible! It will get better.
  • Options

Yikes.  We went to the beach with 30 members of DH's family last month.  We had planned to drive (19 hours one way.)  A month before the trip, MIL rode with us somewhere and DD cried through the entire 45 minute car ride.  MIL called me two days later and said she was "still twitching" from the ride.  And that she'd bought a  $500 plane ticket for Halle and I to fly.

I've never been so grateful to anyone in my life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"