August 2011 Moms
Options

Poll: The first time you met your LO

Since we've been doing birth polls and all...tell me about the first time you met your LO.  Not the labor or delivery-just the baby!  Bonus if you include a hospital shot. 

When DD first came out she was crying just a little bit and holding onto her umbilical cord for dear life.  I looked at her and said, "Hello baby.  I'm your mommy."  She immediately stopped crying and looked up at me as if she knew who I was. It was an incredible moment.  She's been happy ever since. 

When DS came out he was SCREAMING.  You could hear him down the hall.  He wouldn't stop either.  He was so angry!!  It cracked me up how loud and how mad he was.  In fact, he continued screaming his head off for about a half hour until I could feed him and then he was happy as could be. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll: The first time you met your LO

• Options

I first met Logan a little over 24 hours after he was born.  He was born via c-section and as fast as they took him out of me they cut his cord and rushed him to the NICU.  I was able to hear him cry though, it was the best sound in the world as I was so unbelievably scared and unsure about what was happening.  I didnt know how healthy or unhealthy he would be and I expected the worst.  Geez I am getting choked up just thinking about it and typing this out.

I couldnt see him after his birth because I was on a magnesium drip to prevent a stroke due to extremely high blood pressure.  If you dont already know, you have to be on that for 24 hours.  It was rough, real rough and an experience I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.  My mom, husband, his mother & his grandmother were all able to see him about an hour or so after he was admitted into the NICU.  My first glimpse was from pictures.

The picture below is from the first time I was able to go to him.  I wasnt the first to lay eyes on him but the NICU staff made sure that I was the first to hold him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Well when Logan came out and was given to me he was crying and then when he felt my warmth and heartbeat he settled down. It was beautiful. Then they took him to get him cleaned with DH and brought him back to me Smile Love at first site ? I cried.

Here is my baby bear Logan?

*Don't have a lot of pictures on here but I found this one Smile

Getting ready to leave the hospital

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First thing I said to her.... "Geeze its about time!" 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I met DS it was hours later because he had meconium(sp) and I couldn't hold him. I was able to in the nicu and all I could think was, he's so tiny. Only 5lbs and I was over due. He had so much hair. I sadly have no picturesSad.

The day DD was born was quite different. I couldn't see when she was delivered because of the bed rail and I was getting very anxious then her arm popped up! I said "well look at that chubby little thing!" She cried forever, turns out her collar bone was fractured so she was in pain. I just couldn't believe how big she was compared to her brother. 7.9, I know not huge but for me it was. She never left my room except for tests. They even bathed her in my room.

Absolutely in love with them both.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Options

When M was born, she was crying a little, but nothing like what I'd expected.  And it was hilarious because the doctors and nurses were saying congratulations, and I replied, "Well, what is it???" as they passed her to the nurse.  They all burst out laughing and told me it was a girl, and that so few people are surprised these days, that they forgot that I didn't know the sex of the baby (I had an on-call doctor I'd never met, not someone in my practice). 

I was a while getting stitched, so they brought her and passed her over me so I could see her as they handed her to DH so he would be the first to hold her.  I'll never forget how awed and scared he looked in that moment!  And then he handed her to me and I said, "Hello, I'm your mommy."  It was the most wonderful moment of my life!  I'll have to look for pics and see if I can add one onto my post :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

When they first gave her to I kept on saying, "Hi baby!" and "Awwwww, its ok, its ok!" because she was screaming but eventually settled down. Its crazy how much pain I went through and thought I was going to die and when she came out I just felt pure love. 

Her nose was so smushed and she had a dimple below her left eye(and still does).

• Options
    Met the Lilibutter after 2 hours of pushing and the first thing I asked was "Is she definitely a girl????". I heard so many stories of mistaken ultrasounds.  They cleaned her up and she latched immediately.  It was love at first sight,
  • Options

My first glimpse of my little man was in pictures that came down from the NICU. I was put under general anesthesia for an emergency C-section. Then I was put under lots of testing, including a magnesium drip for a while, for the next 3 days. Every time a new nurse came in, they'd say they'd get me up to see him in the NICU. I couldn't get in a wheel chair, and they couldn't get my bed up there where he was staying, so it was a long 3 days. I finally got to see him, and I remember thinking how tiny he was and how many tubes and everything were all over him. When he first opened his eyes was a moment I'll never forget. They were so big that they looked almost silly on his tiny body.

I honestly wish I had the bond with him then that I do now. I was just so beat down from being so sick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The first time I saw LO was right when he came out.  The nurse said "Look!! Look!!  He's coming out!" Before I knew it he was laying all sprawled out.  I didn't know what to do or say...so I just started kissing him all over.  This pic is the moment he came out and was put on my chest. I couldn't look more of a mess..but I don't care.  I love this picture.  <3 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Since I had an emergency c-section I only got to see Josh for a second after he was deliverd cause he was being rushed to the NICU.   After about an hour and a half I got to leave recovery and they rolled my bed in so I could see my little man for a minute.  It was love at first sight!

3 days after he was born I finally got to hold him for the first time.  You really can just feel such a strong connection.  So emotional for me.  I just couldn't help but tell him how much I loved him and how strong he was <3

• Options

I ended up with a c-section. We don't have any photos, but DH shot a little video. It's kind of funny to watch now, but was horrible then. I was horribly nauseated and vomitting the entire time. When the nurse says to DH "Let's go take baby to meet mommy," they are about to come to where I can see them around the sheet when the nurse anesthetist tells them to stay back...because I'm throwing up...again. He finally gives them the okay to come around, and I'm crying and weak and strapped down and have no idea what to say. I just kept saying (in a weak, high-pitched voice), "Hi baby" and then they took him away so they could stitch me up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

image First time meeting B.

The first time I saw Brooklyn my heart instantly melted. I remember saying 'oh my god, she's so beautiful', then proceeded to sush her to calm her down. I also remember that her ear was folded down from being born and when I pushed it flat I was amazed that it stayed. Between meeting B for the first time, DH crying, and an epidural that didn't work I will never forget the moment she was born. <3 

Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

No pictures either :(

I had E vag and they placed him on me and i said "Happy Birthday I am your mommy". It was love at first sight.

I end up needing emergency surgery about 45 mins after having E so I wasn't able to get the pics of us together.

• Options
    I just looked through my birth pics, and there's nothing I feel comfortable sharing here.  Dang.  But I just remember being in disbelief that it was over, that I had actually given birth, that we had a baby.  And I remember how perfect his little face was, and that I didn't even wonder whether he was a boy or a girl (like I thought I would be in total suspense wondering, but I was just in awe of him and didn't even think to ask), and then the nurses actually reminded my H to check, and he said, "Stef, oh my gosh, it's a little boy!" and I was like, "noooooo...you're kidding!"  He had to show me for me to believe it, ha.  And then I was just like, "I can't believe I did that, I can't believe he's here, I can't believe it..."  I spent my 10 hour labor in TOTAL denial, I swear.  When my water broke, I panicked..."OMG, I'm so sorry!  My water broke!"  My MW was like, "yeah...you're having a baby today."  I really couldn't believe it, and I was 8 cm at that point.  Yeah...total denial.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

Quentin-
    I was terrified right before I met him. They had to do an emergency c-section, and until I heard his first cry, I was so so scared. Once he cried, I cried happy tears. I was so glad he was here, and so glad he was okay. This is me giving him his first kiss. : )

Lydia-
    Since this one was a planned c-section, I was more relaxed and calm. But man...when she came out, she let the WHOLE WORLD know. What a screamer! It was so loud the doctor could barely hear the nurses. It was hilarious!
    This is her right after.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was team green with both girls, and both times it never even crossed my mind to ask if it was a boy or a girl. I was just so happy and relieved to have the baby out!

I don't remember what I said when each of the girls wasborn, but I do remember laughing and telling my husband he was in SO much trouble when we found out DD2 was a girl. And I know both of them got their fair share of "Hiiiiii" and "She is so perfect" :)

Also? With DD1, I thought I had the most badass delivery experience because I had pitocin but went sans epi and got a golden shower as soon as they laid her on me. lol

First family picture with DD1

DD2, mere seconds (okay, maybe it was a few minutes...) after she was born

Not the most flattering picture, so here's another one - as we were leaving the hospital

I can't believe how tiny she looked in there! This next one was back in may (9.5 months) - She looks so ginormous!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

After almost 30 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing and three episiotomy snips, I finally got to see my Logan (lots of Logans in here apparently Big Smile ) I just kept saying OMG HI BABY! WE didn't have a name picked out for another 2 hours as it was a toss up between two names.

HORRIBLY unflattering picture of me but literally the first picture of the baby seconds after he came out!

• Options
    the first time I met jarod was about 7 hours after he was born. he came via c- section, and he was so tiny. they took him to the nursery as soon as he was weighed and measured. i got to see him and hear him, but i didn't get to hold him. after i was sewn back up, my bp started to do bottom out, so they had to get me stable before they took me to my own room. i slept for about 3 hours, then the nurses brought him to be fed. i couldn't believe that little, wrinkly man was mine. i bawled. i am crying right now, actually. i can't believe it's been almost a year ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    all these pictures are giving me baby fever BAD!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"