LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

How are the kids/future zygotes/baby plans?

QOTD:  When did you know you wanted to have kids?  Did you grow up always imagining yourself as a mom, or did it come later?  What helped lead you to the decision to have a family?

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options

The babies woke up early (really early) for all of their night feedings last night, which they never do. I really hope it's a growth spurt or something and not a new normal. Although generally grumpy, Lady Baby is being really cute right now and will stick her tongue out in response to you doing it. Mr. Baby is turning over at pretty much every tummy time session now.

QOTD: I always knew I wanted to have kids - I like babies, and I really want adult children, and figured the in-between would be interesting and maybe even great. Meeting and marrying Jen definitely solidified that feeling, because I knew she would be a terrific mom. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Frustrating. Today's probably CD1 (we used progesterone to drag it out so we wouldn't need to take a cycle break for vacation.) This month I think we're doing another attempt of the same, but there's sort of an great abyss after that. QOTD: I've known I wanted kids always. I loved babies as a kid, enjoyed babysitting, worked at a daycare in high school, worked at day camp, and now work with families to promote children's well being. Honestly I have a really hard time understanding how anyone even questions wanting kids.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

See my TTT. :P Carter is in a really annoying/mouthy/disrectful phase and Grayson is in a moody/crying phase. Really, it is lovely at my house these days. :P Seriously, last night I asked Carter to pick up from his Happy Meal (yes, I fed my kids a happy meal for dinner last night) - put all the wrappers in the trash and put the box in recycling. He moaned, whined, and when he finally did it (and accidently knocked the toy onto the floor) he announced that he "was never cleaning up again." Ahem. After a discussion, his apology ended with "and it is your fault my toy fell on the ground." Want to guess where that toy ended up?

QOTD: I have always known that I wanted kids (so did L.) I was an avid babysitter in high school and college and have never held a job that didn't involve kids (day care, camp counselor, working in pediatric hospitals...) L and I talked about our desire for kids on our first date. Stick out tongue L always said (pre-kids) that she was a mother without children *yet*.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Kids are good. Sprout is having a fantastic week, RB did great at the dentist this morning, and Daisy peed on the potty for the first time at school yesterday! She also was really difficult at the dentist this morning but we got through it :)

QOTD: Always, always, always.  And strangely, I also talked about adopting kids from a very young age.  Even before I knew I was gay, I never wanted to be pregnant and had an interest in adoption.

• Options

TTC:- We're in the two week wait of our third IUI. I'm definitely less obsessed this time around, in fact I'm finding myself thinking about it less and less. I'm not convinced it was the 'right' day though, even though I'm using OPKs.

QOTD:- Absolutely. I've always wanted children, and have always known that if I can't have my own, I will adopt. 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

ATP:  We are good.  Little E is turning 1 very soon. All he wants to do is pull up and stand.  And finally, we can put him down at childcare and he does not cry when we leave.  Ahhh....  We are so in love with this kid.  I must find a way to get DW home PT or FT.  Need more consulting gigs.

QOTD:  Actually, no.  I have liked kids for sure and did a lot of baby sitting.  However, I was always more career focused even as a pre-college person.  Then once I came out, I was with people who did not want kids so I did not consider it.  When DW and I met, she was very clear about wanting kids. I quickly got on board and now wonder how I could have been in the "no" camp. 

• Options

Ky is (almost) 2 need I say more? SHe has however stopped biting her friends at daycare for the time being...that is a step in the right direction I suppose.

Still waiting for AF or a BFP....

QOTD: I have ALWAYS wanted kids. In fact I have always wanted to be one of those crazy people with like 6+ children. Financially it is not practical and apparently my body thinks more than one is a bad idea Stick out tongue so 2 (possibly one if I am not KU in the next 2 years) is our limit.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Right now we are just waiting for ultrasound #2 on Monday.  We will be almost 9 weeks (I can't believe it).  Fingers crossed we can get a better look at baby B and both are doing well.

QOTD: I have always known I wanted kids.  Every time someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was always a Mom.  I love the baby phase, the so active imaginations, helping with school etc.  Call me crazy but i am even looking forward to the melt downs, back talk etc.  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Mostly good.  Pumpkin got his first tooth and is scooting around. (not quite crawling, although sometimes backwards.)  Not knowing (or knowing enough) of Pumpkin's in-utero development, I feel a sense of relief at his meeting some milestones. He is "on the low end of normal" physical milestones, and getting Birth-to-Three services.

Carrot is doing MUCH better. When it is just two kids, she is doing awesome. Tantrums are way down (both in length and frequency). Now, we just say, "I don't like the way you are talking to me right now, and she usually shifts her attitude.

When Zucchini is here, it's another story.  Zucchini is doing well--but historically her moods are largely tied to biomom's.  Biomom isn't doing well. When Zucchini is here--Carrot vies for attention--more tantrums, and has taken on her big sister's opinions, even when she is not here.  So, she is not eating many foods, she is suddenly "afraid of bees and spiders" etc.

QOTD: Yup, always.  Except when I was too depressed, and didn't think there was a point. And, like E, before I knew I was gay, I thought if I couldn't get pregnant, I would foster and/or adopt.

• Options
    hlkehlke member

PCP: We are negotiating with our landlady and landlord about lead paint abatement/lead safe remodeling.  She told us the apartment is lead free and technically is us, but the back entrance (enclosed, but not living space) is FILLED with flaking lead paint.  I think we've settled on scraping off loose paint and sealing it with a sealing type of paint, now we just have to make sure that the process doesn't actually result in MORE lead dust.  For now we are avoiding using the back entrance as much as possible to limit the possibility of tracking in dust - once it's in it's hard to get out.

TTC: So...got sperm shipment #1 at my office yesterday.  Got stopped by security on the way out for carrying a package out of the building and was asked for a property pass.  I was like "ummm...it's a package that was sent to me at work, it belongs to me" and he told me to have a property pass next time.  I'm glad we were able to leave it at that, it could only have gotten more awkward from there!  C is on a plane to California right now, and sperm shipment #2 will arrive for her tomorrow morning.  Timing on this one is as good as we are going to get, so fingers crossed!  Made C pee on four sticks this morning to make sure we were shipping at the right time. (Wondfo, messed up one digital, a second confirmatory digital, and the fertility monitor)

QOTD: So my story is a little weird.  I've always been somewhat maternal - I was a nanny for an infant for a year, used to work with kids with developmental disabilities and would become very attached to my clients, had several regular babysitting gigs, etc.  But I never pictured myself with children or as a mom.  For some reason, I just didn't have a sense that was what was in my future.  I got married to a man when I was 23 (I was out to myself as bi at the time, but not publicly) and he had "agreed" no kids was okay (assuming I'd change my mind).  I wasn't able to see it at the time, but we were a terrible, miserable couple.  I was coping with a lot of stuff from my upbringing that made me feel having kids wasn't "safe" (because I'd screw them up), and my husband and my dynamic with the world (we were SO NEGATIVE when we were together) certainly didn't encourage me to revisit my no-kids opinion.  I got divorced in 2008 and once I had some space from the relationship, I started to reconsider.  First I realized I wasn't a prisoner of my past (despite my husband's contention that I was unfixably broken), and that I might someday meet someone who would make a great parenting team with me.  And then I met C, who also had never really considered kids before we met, but the idea of raising a family TOGETHER changed everything for both of us.

I feel the need to tell that story sometimes, because I often feel like people I meet for the first time have a very one dimensional picture of me (assume I identify as lesbian, assume my different-sex marriage broke up over said lesbianism, and assume I must have always REALLY REALLY wanted kids to go to all the trouble of having them in a a same-sex relationship).  This is how things worked for me, and it's not typical, but it is still normal.

CT, the times I did picture myself as a mom, it was always as an adoptive mom.  We're not going that route right now because C has a drive to have biological children, but it's interesting that you always felt that way too.  I also had foster sisters-in-law when I was with XH, and they were very special to me and I loved being part of a crazy huge family based on love more than genetics.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• Options
    hlkehlke member
    Oops, I wrote a novel in response to my own question.

• Options

E is three!!!!  I can't believe it.  I have a preschooler.  I am working on writing out her birth story on the blog.  I don't think I ever really wrote it all out in one place so I am getting it down.  I think it is doing me some good.

She is doing great and really enjoyed all the attention yesterday.  I think she will enjoy her birthday party on Sat.  I am excited to report that she is pretty much pee potty trained and has been wearing undies to daycare for about 2 weeks.  We are having some difficulty with pooping but had a major break through yesterday and finally went poop on the potty all by herself.  She is such an independent soul and needs to be in control of the situation.  I am finding that she will wait to poop in a diaper at nap or at night so we are having lots of naked time so that she can get the deed done on a regular basis.  Other than that things are good.  I am getting sad that she is on the last few weeks of daycare.  She loves it there. She is going to miss it so much.  I am excited for her to start preschool in the fall.  We just got the paperwork to fill out about her development.  Does it make me a bad mommy that I think I will have to look through the blog, facebook and here to figure out when my kid hit her milestones.  I seriously have no recollection of when she sat up, rolled over or crawled.  Oh well.  Can I just say late?????  There is also a spot to write down her medical history including hospitalizations and other major medical issues.  I don't think they have given me enough room.  

I have always wanted kids and was prepared to have them by myself if I needed to.  S is the same way.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Girls are great ... L started walking ( wait what is considered full fledge walking ) I think she is doing it ... OMG a Walker and turning one on FRIDAY  DOOMED! S is not so eager to walk but amazingly they just seem to get things now -

I am feeling like I need to harvest some of my eggs b4 i get even more AMA and then decide what to do but  so lame to harvest and not do anything with ... My clock is kind of ticking maybe thudding want a baby willing to carry but BIRTH .... Eeeek... M joked today and said well you think you are so fertile and will have o prob them we should just shove some sperm up there... I was like yeah ... Then i realized wait I am ok with pregnancy but THE BIRTHING PART ... ugg 

I always loves kids was babysitting at 12 and then was a nanny for several years and loved it always saw myself with kids - I would of had them with or with out a partner

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Well, IUI #8 was a big fat fail, so we are on to cycle 9 -- and that means the big C.  I have my 10 little pills ready to go and I'm crossing my fingers for no serious side effects.  I'm a little nervous about it, but it feels like the right thing to do at this point.  Maybe it will be the game changer we need.

QOTD: I was never a kid person.  I didn't baby-sit, I didn't have little siblings or cousins or neighbors or any other kids around when I was growing up, and for a long time I just didn't get the kids thing.  Plus I was super awkward with them (to some extent, I still am) and felt like they were some kind of alien beings.  When I was in high school, I was convinced I never wanted children, but in retrospect I don't know how much of that was my need not to buy into the old husband and 2.5 kids suburban game (I identified as straight at the time, and having kids seemed like some kind of anti-feminist sell-out).  Once I came out and started having serious relationships and settled into myself, I started to see how having a family with the right person could be fun.  It's evolved from there.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"