20 Weeks Pregnant

bleeding between uterus and placenta

So... I went to the ER last night for major cramping and they did an ultrasound and said that my baby boy looked great but told me that there may be bleeding between my uterus and placenta.... So, now that I've looked online I'm scared.... anybody else have this problem??

Re: bleeding between uterus and placenta

• That happened to me. Just be careful, get as much rest as possible. This is a great time to use the pregnancy excuse.
  • I also went to the hospital on Friday. The day before I had serious cramping and back pains that ran across to the front, plus my belly felt hard as a rock. When I went to the hospital they said everything look fine, just that my placenta was very low and had to be careful with what I do, because they were worried that even though I have not seen any bleeding they just want to be safe and not have it begin bleeding.

• Loading the player...
  • I've had bleeding twice during my 2nd trimester now... Very scary! Both times I went in they said everything was fine just to take it easy and no sex for 1week.
  • Is it placenta pervia?? Thats what i was diagnosed with yesterday

• I had that at the beginning of this pregnancy I bled as if I was having a miscarriage. It's called a subchorionic hematoma. Your body will either bleed it out or absord the blood. My doctors kept an eye on it till it finally was gone. Took about 8 weeks for the first two weeks I was on slight bed rest and complete pelvic rest. I know it's scary right now but just take it easy and don't stress the baby feels the stress. If you've made it this far my doctor says its a good thing and that it should resolve itself. 
  • I also have a "subchorionic hematoma", but I haven't bled at all. It's getting smaller over time. I've been off work, on "modified bed rest", for the last 12 weeks. I've been drinking A LOT of water daily, because staying hydrated is supposed to help it heal. My mother looked up all sorts of information on the subject for me since she understands medical issues better than I do. She usually checks in on me every day to make sure I'm okay.

The baby's umbilical cord is also coming off the side of the placenta instead of the middle. I guess the doctor has to watch that too, since it could develop into "placenta previa". Overall, however, I feel fine. Minor aches and pains but nothing unbearable.     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"