Minnesota Babies
Options

ISO a Park Nicollet OBGYN- help?

HI all mommies to be and mommies out there!

I am TTC my first child and have had a phenomenal OBGYN for years. I always looked forward to her delivering my fist child. She has recently began only working at the clinic .5 to 1 day per week (thus it is impossible to get an appointment) and I moved 30 minutes away from her office. She is with Health Partners and I need to switch to Park Nicollet (ideally a clinic within 10 miles of Methodist).

None of my friends live in my area and with the insurance switch I'm at a loss. I am a medical student so some physicians may consider me "high maintenance" simply because I want as much information and possible and have lots of questions. I am not a pain or difficult to deal with by any means, I just like someone who takes the time to answer my questions and quell my concerns. I also want someone who is devoted to standing up for their patients rights and autonomy.

Gender isn't a priority, but bedside habits (and, of course, skills) are. Does anybody have any suggestions?

THANK YOU in advance!

P.S. I have also had gastric bypass so nutrition and medications work differently with me than most people in case that helps or matters.

Re: ISO a Park Nicollet OBGYN- help?

• Options

I have nothing  but wonderful things to say about Dr. Marcia Caron at Park Nicollet Clinic (Excelsior & Hwy 100).  If you switch to PNC, you will see your doc one appointment and then rotate between the doc and a nurse practitioner for every other.  I recommend Nancy Gossard, who was our nurse practitioner.

I never, ever felt rushed by either of them in my appointments...and I asked tons of questions each time.  Maybe give them a try and see if they are a good fit for you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you'd be open to a midwife, Park Nicollet has a midwife practice in St. Louis Park (if you'd be delivering at Methodist) and in Shakopee (if you'd be delivering at St. Francis).  I go to Shakopee, but I just LOVE the midwives.  I am guessing they are just as good in St. Louis Park.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like both Dr. Sari Witzke and Dr. Nicole Dean with PNC-St. Louis Park.  I like Julie Rice and Julie Halvorson for NPs.
  • Options
    Another emphatic vote for Dr. Sari Witzke. For a nurse practitioner (like PP mentioned, every other OB visit while pregnant is alternating NP and MD) I really like Lois Satterberg best. If you would like specifics on the 'why's' of these recommendations, please feel free to send me a PM.
  • Options

I strongly agree with Lois Satterberg. She was amazing throughout my loss a few months ago and has gone above and beyond so far this pregnancy. I can't say enough good stuff about her. 

I'll be seeing Nicole Dean for my next appointment, so I'm glad to see someone else recommended her :) 

Anniversary
    BFP #1: 12/5/11, M/C 12/19/11
    BFP #2: 5/22/12 Due 2/1/13 Baby girl born 2/2/13
  • Options

I absolutely HAVE to recommend Dr. Nicole Dean at the St. Louis Park clinic. I live in Apple Valley and it's worth the drive to see her! I started with her in 2007 for annuals and I was pregnant with my first son in 2011. She was amazing. She wasn't the doctor on call for my delivery at Methodist Hospital (she had just finished a 24 hour shift) but she came in to see me anyway and check on how I was doing during labor. It was comforting and she really puts in extra effort for her patients.

Absolutely see her!! Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you ALL so very, very much for your help. I feel so much better now that I have some ideas. I appreciate a great deal.

One last question... I have seriously considered the midwife option, but don't completely understand how it works. What is the biggest difference between having a midwife and an OB?

Again, thank you ALL so much!!

• Options

I didn't have a midwife, so I can't help you with that question.

However, I do highly recommend Monica Norwick (OB) and Julie Halverson (NP) at the SLP clinic. I had Nancy Gossard as my NP for my DS, but, unlike a PP, I did not have a good experience with her. Julie was the NP that saw me after my second m/c, and I really liked her, so I requested Julie when I was pregnant with my DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second Dr. Norwick and Julie! I had a great experience with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"