November 2012 Moms
Options

okay so gross question, but i have to ask

So my husband and his friend were sitting on the couch last night talking about giving birth. His friend was saying that his sister gave birth and ..........pooped while in the process.... YUCK!! Does this actually happen? Sorry I am just curious!?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: okay so gross question, but i have to ask

• Options
    Yes and I def did. But the nurses clean everythin up constantly and quickly donuts not an issue. A few of my friends gave themselves edimas (sp?) before to avoid the shituation (hahaha)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Options
    And I'm on my phone. Obviously I didn't mean donuts but so it's not!!!
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, and very common! I read somewhere that roughly 70%(??) of women poop on the table. 

• Options

imageTennis Chick:
    Yes, and very common! I read somewhere that roughly 70%(??) of women poop on the table. 

This.  It's very common.  I didn't with either of mine, but I think almost 1/2 of all women do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejacksmom119:
    Yes and I def did. But the nurses clean everythin up constantly and quickly donuts not an issue. A few of my friends gave themselves edimas (sp?) before to avoid the shituation (hahaha)

I don't know what your reply said after "donuts".

OP, yes, it's very very common. I don't know how you've made it this far without hearing about it. Anyway, most of the time the nurses clean it up and you will never know, for sure, if you did or not (from what I've read anyway). Blissful Unawareness... just be sure and tell DH/FI/SO "Please don't tell me if I do or not"...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Of course it happens. You push like you're going poop. If there's poop in your system, it's bound to come out. 

This didn't happen to me, because the minute my water broke, my body, for whatever reason, cleansed itself out--so I was on the toilet quite a few times before even going to the hospital. That, combined with not eating for 18 hours before pushing, meant there was nothing left to come out. So I lucked out, but I might not be so lucky this next time around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes it does happen but nurses are very good and getting rid of it quickly that you don't even realize it you're in the middle of pushing so hard
  • Options
    man! that is so gross! I'll probably be one of the unlucky ones that does it! lol. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT ONE BIT!
  • Options

I just think it sounds so embarrassing!!! I mean its already uncomfortable with people down in that area anyways, and then they have to clean up your poop! haha! just gross!

• Options
    imageAshleeT92:

I just think it sounds so embarrassing!!! I mean its already uncomfortable with people down in that area anyways, and then they have to clean up your poop! haha! just gross!

It'll be the least of your worries at the time. I'm a FTM and have heard of way grosser things than this to expect!  

• Options
    Yeah I guess your totally right! I was just so grossed out when my husband and his friend were talking about it. And I honestly thought he was lying! lol
  • Options
    I've heard it is very common during labor.  I did not poop, but I did pee all over the doctor while pushing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hahaha! really? that is pretty funny! id rather pee than poop!
  • Options
    Pooping on the table is probably NOTHING compared to your mucus plug falling out and splatting all over your bathroom floor right in front of the toilet. You may be asking, "Why didn't it land in the toilet?", but the answer is that when you're that big, you must stand up to wipe so that your arms can reach and that's when stuff happens!
    Our first family photo!

• Options
    Yep! It happens and honestly, you don't even know you did, unless your H/FI/SO tells you. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My DH is totally grossed out by the whole birthing thing! lol. My doctor says he wanted to teach him to deliver, DH says he doesnt want to see any of it. He will just stay up by my head so he doesnt have to see my va-jay-jay! This is our first, So I guess we will see how it goes! If it happens I hope he doesnt see! haha Embarrassed

• Options
    I read a funny pregnancy book (mighta been Girlfriends Guide?  can't remember) where the author, immediately after her water breaking, downed like a whole bottle of prune juice to clean herself out before going into hard labour.  She said it worked, and like a PP said, some women give themselves enimas, although I've heard it's not really recommended anymore (not sure why).  I think I'm going to try the prune juice trick, but otherwise figure I won't be caring much about poop when my baby's giant head is coming outta me.
  • Options
    It happens all the time, but when you're giving birth I'm sure it will be the last thing on your mind. I really don't care if I do or not and I'm having my mom, MIL, and SO in the room with me lol.

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
  • Options

imageangelacarmen:
    I read a funny pregnancy book (mighta been Girlfriends Guide?  can't remember) where the author, immediately after her water breaking, downed like a whole bottle of prune juice to clean herself out before going into hard labour.  She said it worked, and like a PP said, some women give themselves enimas, although I've heard it's not really recommended anymore (not sure why).  I think I'm going to try the prune juice trick, but otherwise figure I won't be caring much about poop when my baby's giant head is coming outta me.

Honestly, I think the prune juice is a bad idea. Enema too.

Why? Because then you'd just be pushing out watery poo on the delivery table. Not an improvement in my book.

And yes, I pooped while pushing.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I pooped while pushing and had NO clue til the next night after we got home from the hospital when DH told me.  At first, when he told me, I was HORRIFIED.  Then I was like, whatever.  TONS of women do it, my OB and those nurses see it multiple times a day, every day.  Oh, and more embarrassing?  I'm an RN and delivered at the hospital I work at.  Oh yes, there was the nurse, a nurse tech, a respiratory therapist, and my OB, who I see almost every day :).  And I couldn't care less!  My husband said it didn't look like a normal poop.  He said it was real small and looked kind of like new baby poop.  TMI, sorry ; / 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

Uh yes, but having delivered once before I will tell you that it is the last thing from your mind.  The docs and nurses are so used to it, they very discreetly just clean you/it up.  YOu are so busy dealing with the contractions and pushing a watermelon out your hooo haa, that you really could give a rats patooti.  In fact thwn you aren't sure how to push the nurses will tell you to push like you were having the biggest bowel movement you can imagine. 

I still to this day have no idea if I pooped or not, nor do I care to know.  If I did, no one acted like I did or did anything to bring it to my attention.  Seriously no big deal.

• Options

imageKristaNbHam:
    Pooping on the table is probably NOTHING compared to your mucus plug falling out and splatting all over your bathroom floor right in front of the toilet. You may be asking, "Why didn't it land in the toilet?", but the answer is that when you're that big, you must stand up to wipe so that your arms can reach and that's when stuff happens!

OMG, this is the funniest post.  Sorry, but I think I just peed myself laughing.  Thanks, I so needed that!

• Options

imageangelacarmen:

It's not recommended because it can cause dehydration and then you wont have the energy to push. 

Also, some women do a liquid fast in the early stages of labor to prevent pooping during pushing and that is also discouraged and very dangerous in terms of your hydration and energy levels.

source: my mom is a L&D RN.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageAshleeT92:

My DH is totally grossed out by the whole birthing thing! lol. My doctor says he wanted to teach him to deliver, DH says he doesnt want to see any of it. He will just stay up by my head so he doesnt have to see my va-jay-jay! This is our first, So I guess we will see how it goes! If it happens I hope he doesnt see! haha Embarrassed

DH was like this too until labor happened.  He actually got into labor and coaching through pushing when the time came.

And I did NOT poop on the table. :)

• Options
    Yes, I did and due to everything else that was going on at the time, I really didn't care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"