Postpartum Depression

Seeking professional in Atlanta area

I'm brand new to this board, so a short background. My OB said I was high-risk for PPD at my 6 week check-up appointment about 6 weeks ago (LO is 13 weeks today). I avoided going to see anyone, because I had a high risk pregnancy, and saw so many doctors for 9 months, I wanted a break. And I'm not happy about the thought of something being "wrong" (even though I know that's not the way to look at it).  

Today was the last straw: I was talking on the phone with my husband as he was driving into work.  He was telling me how he doesn't feel appreciated since having the baby.  I burst out crying (again), and I want to believe that he lost his cell phone signal, but I'm pretty sure he hung up on me. So for the sake of my marriage, and my own personal happiness (or lack thereof), I'm committed to seeing if I have PPD.

That said, do any of you live in the Atlanta area and have a suggestion of a pscychologist or psychiatrist near Smyrna/Vinings/Marietta/Buckhead areas?

TIA!

BFP #1 on 8/19/09 M/C 10/14/09
BFP #2 01/10/10 M/C 01/31/10
BFP #3 12/24/10 M/C 01/20/11
BFP#4 07/18/11 EDD: 03/24/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seeking professional in Atlanta area

• imagesymonatb:

I'm brand new to this board, so a short background. My OB said I was high-risk for PPD at my 6 week check-up appointment about 6 weeks ago (LO is 13 weeks today). I avoided going to see anyone, because I had a high risk pregnancy, and saw so many doctors for 9 months, I wanted a break. And I'm not happy about the thought of something being "wrong" (even though I know that's not the way to look at it).  

Today was the last straw: I was talking on the phone with my husband as he was driving into work.  He was telling me how he doesn't feel appreciated since having the baby.  I burst out crying (again), and I want to believe that he lost his cell phone signal, but I'm pretty sure he hung up on me. So for the sake of my marriage, and my own personal happiness (or lack thereof), I'm committed to seeing if I have PPD.

That said, do any of you live in the Atlanta area and have a suggestion of a pscychologist or psychiatrist near Smyrna/Vinings/Marietta/Buckhead areas?

TIA!

Emory Women's Mental Health has great psychiatrists!  Probably the best in Atlanta for PPD.  I have several friends who had severe PPD, and these drs were amazing in their recovery.  I'm currently seeing one now as preventative measure since I'm pregnant again.  GL!

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank you! A close friend also recommended Emory Women's Health.

I'll be calling them ASAP.  

BFP #1 on 8/19/09 M/C 10/14/09
    BFP #2 01/10/10 M/C 01/31/10
    BFP #3 12/24/10 M/C 01/20/11
    BFP#4 07/18/11 EDD: 03/24/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"