July 2012 Moms
Options

Make up for delivery?

My friend swears I will want to wear make up to the hospital for when I deliver. She says I will be glad I did when I look back at all of my photos. I guess for me make up will be the last thing on my mind at that moment. I'll bring it with but I won't worry about putting it on before hand (if I don't have any on already). Plus, won't it run/sweat off anyways during a 24 hour labor?? WDYT?
imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Make up for delivery?

• Options
    Since I plan on laboring in the tub and shower, makeup is a silly idea. As of now, I'm not even planning on packing any to put on after delivery. (I might change my mind.) I don't wear makeup everyday, only once or twice a week, so I'm fine with leaving it at home. I'm pretty sure I'll be too wrapped up in lo to worry about how I look. :)
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I wear make up everyday for the most part and I think I had some on when I went in - but I brought those face cloths.  I didn't want clogged pores, and I was there for 32 hours.  So I "got ready for bed" w/ those face cloths and disposable tooth brushes w/ the toothpaste in them.  Since I had the epi and couldn't move. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For all my kids makeup was the last thing on my mind. I believe in labor photos you are more than allowed to not look made up. :)

• Options

I wasn't at all worried about makeup during L&D with DD, but I was really glad that I had it with me when we started receiving visitors hours later.

I'd say go ahead and pack it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    no offense but she is out of her mind and clearly has no kids!
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options

Definitely packing it, but I probably won't have much on, even though I always wear it. Maybe a lip stain would make it through the process?

You can always take pics that focus mostly on the baby and then wait until you've had some time to recover to post pics of you all as a family. I doubt anyone will notice or mind either way.

• Options
    I have c-sections and they are planned, so I shower and do my makeup before I go.  Which consists of some bronzing powder and mascara!  With my first after laboring for 27 hours I could have given a rats a$$ about make up or what I looked like.  However....I will definately pack makeup and after my shower put my little bit on.  It makes me feel better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH's cousin absolutely had her make up on in the pics from the morning after... there weren't a whole lot of laboring photos (at least that made it out into public.)  I wear make up maybe once a month, but packed it just in case I want it...maybe it will make me feel better or something...but I just have mineral powders and a little mascara and lip gloss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I cant really speak for myself because Im not due for another 12 days, so who knows how I will feel about making sure I have make up on. But my sister gave birth to my niece a couple months ago and she made sure she had make up on the whole time through the labor I was pretty surprised. I think it just depends on how you are. I personally wear make up every day but dont really care whether i have it or not at the hospital but my sister was very on top of her looks I guess you could say making sure her hair was brushed and make up looked decent. No judgement either way, whatever makes people comfortable.
  • Options
    I agree. I wear make up to work daily but I try not to on the weekends (to give my skin a break). I also have those moist make up cloths and I love them! I'm bringing them with too. I think old sweaty make up on the face is gross anyways. Oh, and she has 3 kids! I think she was just talking about some concealer and mascara but again, I won't even be worried about that.
    imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

Looking gorgeous in my hospital gown is going to be the least of my concerns.

I'll bring makeup for later, but it seems silly to worry about lookin' good while pushing.  And I don't think I'm going to look back at those first photos of LO and go, "OMG why did I not put on eye liner?!"

This exactly.  The only reason I'll have makeup on for delivery is if its because its during the day and I had already put it on in the morning.  I am planning to bring some for afterwards when people are visiting, but I wear minimal make up anyways- just some cover up, eye shadow, and mascara are all I need :)

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I 100% will wear makeup for delivery.  Nothing crazy, just my bare minerals foundation and blush.  I hate my skin and I don't want to look back at pictures of me holding my son for the first time and think "yikes!" It takes me 2 minutes to put on foundation.  Once in the recovery room I will probably touch up, but again no eye shadow or eyeliner just more cover up. It looks natural and that is all I am looking for. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm not fond of raccoon eyes, so I'm refraining from makeup until after I clean up and visitors start to come. I don't want my LO's first look at me being something out of a horror film. 
    I hold on so hard and pray that I won't say something wrong. I look at the stars and dream that the universe was ours.
  • Options
    catmtlcatmtl member
    I put on a full face (natural look), everything waterproof and sweatproof before I left for the hospital and retouched after the epidural Smile  The makeup held strong even 12 hrs after birth. The nurses were even complimenting me on my lip color, haha. Actually, afterwards is when I coudnt be bothered to put makeup on, I was totally exhausted. But I'm glad I have some nice, non-sweaty pics of myself in the delivery room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was in early labor for two days before going into the hospital for delivery. I definitely didn't have any makeup on. I could hardly think about anything other than the pain of contractions. Luckily, I don't look too horrible in our pictures. I look happy and that's all that matters. :)  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    I had makeup on when I went into labor.  By the time she was born, it had been on for 24 hours.  Once I got to recovery, I used the Neutrogena face wipes to wash it off.  I definitely re-applied before visitors came.  No one sees me without makeup. (Ok, that sounds bad.  It was just foundation and mascara.  Enough to not make me look like death).
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 17

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options

imagesurprise3rd:
    I have c-sections and they are planned, so I shower and do my makeup before I go.  Which consists of some bronzing powder and mascara!  With my first after laboring for 27 hours I could have given a rats a$$ about make up or what I looked like.  However....I will definately pack makeup and after my shower put my little bit on.  It makes me feel better.

This is my story as well. It was the last thing on my mind with my vag delivery turned csection with DD. this will b a planned c/s so make up for sure will b worn. It'll look better in photos and for visitors after and just makes me feel presentable overall.

Loving life's blessings!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Bring it and put it on if you want to for fun. I had a 23 hour labor and most of the 23 hours was boring so I could have had plenty of time to lay in the bed and apply makeup. I was over it but Something to do maybe if you get bored? For me it wasn't until the last couple hours probably that the labor was intense and something like makeup would be absolutely unheard of! The next day I showered & did makeup, I felt like a new person - it was much needed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh I should mention for my first - I was in the hospital for 32 hours before he arrived and I was in a lot of pain and discomfort and looked a mess.   Even my dad said to my mom "Is there a hair dresser we can have come take care of her?"  My mom said that's rediculous -but I wished they had ordered me one : )  I truly couldn't care for myself or the baby - I was in so much pain.

But for my 2nd, I spent tons of time on my hair and makeup and I was just so happy and how I imagined being.  

Bring it and see if you want it - you never know : ) 

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"