Pregnant after a Loss

It was 107 degrees in East TN today...

and DH and I were stupid enough to go to Dollywood for his work company picnic. We really only went so we could see if he won a giveaway (you had to be present to win). Lets just say it was a less than exciting experience. We got there at about 9:30, ate at 12:00 and we were on our way back to the car by 1:00pm. I love Dollywood, and even  though I couldn't ride anything I still love walking around, eating food, browsing the shops and people watching -  today I just wanted to get the crap out of there. When we got back to the car it said the temp was 114. I know it wasn't really that hot outside, but that was the temp of the car. It took a good 10 minutes before we could even get in it! Pretty sure I have never sweated so much in my life!

Thinking I was a tough chick, I didn't take anyone seriously when they told me I was going to be miserable this summer. Although I am not complaining, I will say that I was very uncomfortable today in this heat and I certainly learned my lesson. We came home, took a cold shower and a nice long nap - that definitely made me feel better!

Also, if any of you are familiar with the Great Smoky Mountain area - Mt. Leconte reached 81 degrees. It has never had a temperature above 80, so it set a new record today! (That was your fun fact for the day)   :)

I hope everyone around my area is staying cool if you have to be outdoors!

Started TTC in February 2010
BFP #1
  3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: It was 107 degrees in East TN today...

• If it makes you feel any better, with the humidity, it was 95 in Kitchener, Ontario CANADA today.  Actually, today wasn't so bad, we had a couple of days in the 100s in the last couple of weeks here.  It is never that hot here for any extended period of time.  Maybe a couple of days in mid-late july, but never in june.  Heck we had days in the 80s in March here, usually we still have snow!  LOL!  The weather is weird these days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • drvst8drvst8 member
    And here I thought 90 plus in PA was bad. It doesn't look like its going to get much better this week either. Last summer wasn't so bad I handled being pregnant pretty good. This time around isn't as easy.
    Logan Gregory born sleeping 9/29/2011 @ 40wks 2days Forever in our hearts Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Congrats to Heatherhah! Baby girl has finally arrived!Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy SouthernBellaKS
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep - I live in Knoxville. I was over-heated and tired by 1pm yesterday so I spent the rest of the day in the basement watching movies! Today we hit the pool from 10-12.

And I love Dollywood too!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We chose this week to go to TN on our big family vacation! We are also planning on going to Dollywood...I'm hoping it cools down a little later in the week? Figures, doesn't it?  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh... and I was whining about it being over 90 in Ohio...
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image4legsRbest:

Yep - I live in Knoxville. I was over-heated and tired by 1pm yesterday so I spent the rest of the day in the basement watching movies! Today we hit the pool from 10-12.

And I love Dollywood too!

Yes, it was miserable! Wish I had a pool close to me so I could hit it up. I have a new maternity tankini I'm ready to wear  :)

BFP #1

imageimage

• imageprincessbmw:
    We chose this week to go to TN on our big family vacation! We are also planning on going to Dollywood...I'm hoping it cools down a little later in the week? Figures, doesn't it?  

You will have a great time at Dollywood. I don't think its supposed to be as hot as it is this weekend, but still supposed to be in the upper 90s. They did close down some of the rides at Dollywood after we left yesterday due to the temp of the hydraulics on the rides and they had to give a ton of refunds. So whatever day you go, I recommend getting there when the park opens so its not as hot (not to mention the lines won't be so bad for your family). Have a great time!

BFP #1

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"