Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Two Month Old not eating! Need Help!

I have a 9 week old boy that usually eats 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours.  The past few days he will show signs of hunger but after drinking a half ounce  to an ounce he will fall asleep.  No matter what I try to keep him awake, he will not eat.  Sometimes he acts as if his tummy hurts and tries to throw his weight backwards. I end up giving in and putting him to bed only for him to wake in an hour showing signs of hunger again or crying in hunger.  I will make him a bottle again only to go thru the same thing....OVER & OVER.  Its been like this for days now & I don't know what to do.  He's been on this formula for over a month so I don't believe he's having a formula issue.  I need help!

Re: Two Month Old not eating! Need Help!

• Options
    I would call the doctor.  My daughter was falling asleep while eating but she was eating more than that and still gaining.  Better safe than sorry.  Best wishes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My son did exactly that at around 6 weeks, but not so much falling asleep just throwing himself back and eating 1 oz at a time. My ped diagnosed it as reflux. We put him on Zantac, which worked for about a week (which from what I have read Is normal) then we switched him to Prevacid. It took approx 3 weeks for the prevacid to begin regulating the stomach acid and now he takes 3-5 oz at a time.

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating. Get him on Prevacid if you can. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had the same problem with my 3 week old son. I would for sure check with your ped because it does sound like what we are currently going through with his reflux.
  • Options
    Did he get shots recently? DS just had his 2 month appointment on Thursday afternoon. He got all the shots and hasn't been himself for the last 2 days. He's been sleeping a lot more and had little interest in eating on Friday. Then today he didn't stop eating all day other than when he was sleeping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"