Babies: 9 - 12 Months

XP: hand foot and mouth survivors

my DD had a fever of 100.5 last night, but I haven't seen any sores - I thought I heard the fever comes first, is that accurate? also, did your LO have an accompanying cough? I am probably freaking out over nothing, but freaking out nonetheless!

TIA!!

Re: XP: hand foot and mouth survivors

• My LO had a high fever for 24 hours before I noticed spots. Then the next two days were the worst, because the sores in his mouth bothered him a lot. He only wanted cold, soft food. So I put everything in the fridge and he ate a little bit, every couple hours. Hang in there!
  • No cough. Fever and lethargy lasted for 72 hours, and the canker sore (only one) came in the last 24.

We lived on yogurt, milk, formula, plain pasta, and frozen fruit. 

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine had (still has) a cough, had a runny nose and low fever plus tiny sores on the foot that would go unnoticed by her father, thank god for my eagle eye.  The ped. saw lesions in the back of her throat, likely the cause of the cough. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS had this just a week ago. He had a fever ad a lot of drool for about 36 hours before he started getting blisters on his tongue. He also didn't want to nurse or eat solid foods. About 47 hours after the fever he started getting small, pimple like blisters on his feet and a rash on his bottom. The fever only lasted about a day and a half though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• thanks for the responses, ladies! she's had a temp for 2 days now, though so far i'm not seeing anything on her hands or feet. i'm hoping its not hfmd - fingers crossed!!
  • The temp is fairly low and if there aren't any real symptoms to go along with it, it may just be teething. DS always runs a low fever when he's getting ready to pop a tooth. If you're concerned, it never hurts to have her checked out for reassurance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks :) i brought her in yesterday and the dr said she looks fine
  • I caught it from my nephew when he was a baby (ya, I was one of the very few exceptions to the "mostly  babies get this" rule. I had sores mostly down my throat so another thing to note is maybe you can't see all the sores? Hope Baby gets better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"