Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Talk to me about your burp cloths (repost from Sept 2012)

I know this isn't a very exciting thread but I was going to start doing some basic baby laundry and I was so unhappy with our burp cloths from DS that I just want new ones. For DS we had the Gerber plain cloth diapers BUT the middle got all bunched up after the first washing and it got worse from there. Plus, they didnt seem soft at all. He was a "happy spitter", needless to say they are ready to be tossed or become cleaning rags.

I have seen the plain cloth diaper ones that other moms had that looked uber soft and flat and i want those, but I don't know what kind or anything.

-what kind/ brand do you have? Organic?

- how many ply?

- did you wash them in a special way ( we used all free & clear for everything with DS)?

:) TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about your burp cloths (repost from Sept 2012)

• Options
    ours are the leftover ones from DS and i think they are the gerber cloth diapers.  they get bunched in the middle from the cotton shrinking and that is called "quilting" which just helps you know when the cotton is fully absorbent.  Cloth diapers (prefolds) aren't flat unless they haven't been washed or if they are made from flannel. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the BRU brand terry cloth ones...for like a pack of 10/$10 they're not too bad. We bought like 4 packs during one of their sales. lO spits up for days so we use a ton and they've definitely stood the test of time.
  • Options
  • Options

imagechristinaa722:
    We use the BRU brand terry cloth ones...for like a pack of 10/$10 they're not too bad. We bought like 4 packs during one of their sales. lO spits up for days so we use a ton and they've definitely stood the test of time.

This 

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have the Dundee brand burp cloths. They are pretty much like the Gerber diapers but I like the Dundee. They seem pretty soft to me, but I have no experience with the Gerber ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekcamargo:

We use Aden + Anais and I love them! 

Same here! Worth it to splurge and get one or two of these...love it!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker m/c at 8weeks 2007 DD born 2009 m/c at 15weeks 2010 m/c at 6weeks 2011
  • Options

Are you in to making your own? I made my own with fabric I bought from Joann's for less than $20 (I made 18 cloths). And they are so much cuter than the plain diapers or cloths you can buy.

I bought a yard and a half of five different flannel fabrics (my store had a ton to choose from) and an equal amount of white terry cloth/towel fabric. Sew 'em together and you've got burp cloths. You certainly don't have to be an expert sewer to do it - and could probably do it by hand if you don't have a sewing machine.

I know there are patterns online, but I just did plain rectangles. I've gotten a ton of comments from other moms asking where I got mine.

I also have a few of the Gerber "burp cloths" (not cloth diapers). They are terrible compared to the ones I made. I would not recommend those at all.

I've always washed them in Dreft. They've held up really well, considering they get washed every couple days and just get puked on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My favorites are the ones I made. I just bought a yard of flannel and sewed two pieces together. They're super cute, inexpensive, very soft, and the most absorbent. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"