Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DD hated first taste of carrots. Do I try them again, or new veggie...

next time?  Do they normally dislike the first taste but then it will grow on them?  Or does that mean I should move on to something else?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD hated first taste of carrots. Do I try them again, or new veggie...

• keep giving them.  it may take ten or more tries. 

Also if you were going to move onto something else, you would want to wait a few days.

• DD didn't like carrots at first. I kept offering them and she loves them now
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't give up. It's something new. It can take lots of tries to get her to accept them. And it might not even be the flavor. Joseph loves green beans, but he absolutely loathed the stage 1 purees of them. They are much thinner than the other veggies and he hates thin textures.
  • I've heard it can take 15 tries before a baby/child likes a food.  DS really didn't like bananas at the beginning, even after many tries.  We stopped them for a while and when I gave them again, he liked them.  They were also his first fruit, so it was all so new to him then.
  • Caelen gags at everything I put in his mouth. He'll get used to it. Just try it again, or maybe mix it with something he does like.
  • We tried carrots and our ds didn't like them either. Keep trying a few more times. He didn't like pears the first time but by the 3rd time, he enjoys them.
  • DD generally makes a face at everything (for the 1st time);  I've kept on trying and now she's fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"