October 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else on here dealing with Placenta Previa?

I found out a few weeks ago and I have another ultrasound hopefully within the next few weeks, but as of right now I definitely have full placenta previa.  Anyone else have it as well?

Re: Anyone else on here dealing with Placenta Previa?

• Options
    ME! my OB said it doesn't look like it will move either :(
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me too...I've had 2 ultrasounds so far and going back again on the 16th to check again. At my OB they check every 4 weeks to see if it has moved.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had it with my first baby and it moved. Im surprised they are checking you every 4 weeks? It doesnt move until the baby gets bigger to strecth your uterus and thats what makes it move.

Goodluck ladies- stay positive!

• Options

I had it at an ultrasound at 15 weeks and by my anatomy scan at 19 weeks it had moved to low lying. I still need to get another ultrasound at 32 weeks to make sure it has moved far enough away from my cervix because it was still too close last time.

Hoping that it moves for everyone. I hated all the uncertainty about what was going and if I would be able to deliver vaginally. My midwives and the OBs I saw all said that with placenta previa they usually see things move by 32-34 weeks so there is still lots of time. 

BabyName Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTTC for 6 years. Me:RPL,DH:MFI motility and numbers
    March 2010 IVF#1- BFP born 11.29.10, became an angel 04.12.11
    June 2011 FET#1- BFN
    July 2011 FET#2- BFP, MC at 5 wks
    January 2012 IVF#2- BFP, EDD moved to Oct 5th
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    Me. I must not be enough of a worrier. I'm more pissed about the pelvic rest. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageelfchique:

This. I miss me some sex! 

• Options

Yep, mine was complete at my 20 week scan.  I go back at 28 weeks (end of July) for a follow up.  I really hate the uncertainty, since I'm currently just seeing a midwife, but I'll have to switch to an OB if it doesn't move and I don't really want to leave that too late.

I wasn't put on pelvic rest though.  Interesting. 

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not yet though they want me to go in third tri for another u/s bc they are afraid it might move.. No worries here yet

BFP #1 on 5.28.11,EDD 01.22.12, u/s showing miss m/c 6.27.11, D&C 7.01.11 at 10weeks 5days

BFP #2 on 2.14.12,.EDD 10.22.12, Baby Dhillon was born on 10.13.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#3 on 8.16.13, EDD 4.17.14, Hang on here we go again!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:

imageelfchique:

This. I miss me some sex! 

Ditto :(

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have marginal placenta previa. I'm also on pelvic rest until my next visit. I'll have another ultrasound to see if it's moved yet. My doctor said that a marginal almost always moves, so here's hoping... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hey everyone...i haven't posted in a long time while i was finishing up grad school...but i am in this camp as well.  it was found at my 18-week anatomy scan, and my OB referred me to the MFM at the hospital.  the doc there said it is a complete previa and it is highly unlikely that it will move.  put me on pelvic rest, and said that a c-section is defnitely necessary and that they will want to take the baby 3-4 weeks early...my OB was surprised that they were being that aggressive, but now i'm being monitored every two weeks.  my OB wants to try to keep the baby in there as long as possible, so hopefully that can happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"