Multiples
Options

Any tips for not being able to breathe?

I find myself, several times a day, on the verge of a panic attack because I just can't breathe. I don't even have to be moving or doing anything for it to happen. Both heads are up under my right ribs and although I don't feel pain from it (it feels "asleep" like a foot or leg, thank goodness!) I can barely breathe. I am literally sitting on my couch with me feet up, as I have been for nearly an hour, barely moving and I still feel like I can't breathe. I've never had asthma before but it I can imagine that this is almost what an asthma attack feels like. Any suggestions? I don't necessarily feel like anything is wrong but I'm hoping that there are some tricks out there to avoid this (hopefully) natural side effect of having two baby heads instead of lungs! Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any tips for not being able to breathe?

• Options

I remember that! I don't think there is much you can do...

I can also remember that when they took Baby B out (I had a C-section), I could instantly breathe! It was a crazy feeling :) 

• Options
    No advice... But I definately know what you are talking about!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not alone !
  • Options

imagePurrCrasher:
    I find myself, several times a day, on the verge of a panic attack because I just can't breathe. I don't even have to be moving or doing anything for it to happen. Both heads are up under my right ribs and although I don't feel pain from it (it feels "asleep" like a foot or leg, thank goodness!) I can barely breathe. I am literally sitting on my couch with me feet up, as I have been for nearly an hour, barely moving and I still feel like I can't breathe. I've never had asthma before but it I can imagine that this is almost what an asthma attack feels like. Any suggestions? I don't necessarily feel like anything is wrong but I'm hoping that there are some tricks out there to avoid this (hopefully) natural side effect of having two baby heads instead of lungs! Any ideas?

SIt up straight.. and put your hands up like you are reaching for the sky. This will allow your chest cavity open up a little bit and give you smore space to breath.  If you start to feel woozy or light headed you may need to to go the ER and make sure you and the babies are getting enough oxygen.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get this too and mine are in the same place! I almost panic gasping for air! Just try to lay and calm down.
  • Options
    mirnbmirnb member
    That is not a fun feeling but unfortunately not much you can do :( I agree to lift your arms over your head...not that you can stay in this position for long but at least you get moments of relief...try to take deep breaths and stay calm...you will not stop breathing!
  • Options
    Sadly, there's not a lot you can do, but what made it a little more bearable was reclining slightly especially when driving or putting my feet up at home. It allowed a little more room for my LOs. 
  • Options
    I understand totally.  When I change positions, I lose my breath for a second and have a strangled cough.  I find that I am much more comfortable in a recliner than on the sofa or bed.  I just remind myself that I CAN actually breathe, and that I just need to relax.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

there are some yoga moves that help to expand/open up your rib cage... giving your body more room to breathe. Have you tried a prenatal yoga DVD? Or you might even be able to google it.

I did one this morning and my breathing capacity is definitely better.

HTH!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"