Special Needs
Options

OK I feel like a weirdo!

I don't really know how to verbalize this..but I'm hoping you ladies will just, "get it."

The girls were taking a bath this evening (and this is a fairly new thing, as up until a month ago M was terrified of water & baths and screamed literally through the whole thing.)  Then one day, she just stopped and liked it.

So anyways, the girls were taking a bath together, and Morgan had a cup of water, she kept trying to stand up in the tub so I was telling her to sit down.  She looked at Peyton..and looked at the cup, and threw the cup of water on Peyton.  

She.cracked.up.  I've NEVER seen her laugh so much, EVER.  For a split second, I just felt like everything was perfect.  I didn't think about everything we've been through and have yet to go through, I was mesmerized by that moment.   

Maybe because it was a moment of, "normal?"  Maybe i'm overly hormonal? But I'm tearing up just typing this.  So yeah, I feel like a weirdo but for some reason it was like perfection to me. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: OK I feel like a weirdo!

• Options
    I think that sounds pretty perfect to me!!
  • Options
    Totally makes sense to me. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, an absolutely "normal" moment!! That is so cute!  S started liking the bath a few months ago (I'm glad, she used to scream until she was blue!). But now the splashing and laughing and giggling is awesome! Enjoy the moment of sillyness, it's great!!!
  • Options
    I totally get it. I wish the 'normal' moments happened a little more often.
    dx: Fragile X Syndrome
  • Options
    I get it. I teared up recently at a neighborhood picnic- DS and another little boy were playing and it was 100% typical. I was so startled by it that all I could do was stare!
  • Options

thanks everyone!  I was afraid to even tell DH (and I still haven't) how that one moment just clicked for me.  I'm glad I'm not alone in having such huge feelings in reference to something SO little.  

=) 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"