TTC after 35
Options

new to temping-temps continuing to rise after O

Hey ladies, new here and new to TTC, temping, the whole nine yards! 

Anyway, started temping this month on CD20. Fertility Friends puts my O date at CD27 (prior to last cycle my cycles were consistently 27-30 days, last cycle was 47 days!!).  

My temps have been rising since O and just curious if this was normal.

My Chart

Me 39, DH 40
Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

Re: new to temping-temps continuing to rise after O

• Options
    Yes high temps after o are a good thing.  You want them to stay above coverline but higher is always better.  Good luck!
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options

Have you done the FF tutorials? They're a really good resource.

Essentially, your temps will rise after you O because progesterone becomes the dominant hormone at this point, causing your BBT to rise. If your egg gets fertilized and implants, progesterone sticks around and even starts to increase, keeping your BBT elevated (and in some cases, rising further post-implantation, to give what is called a tri-phasic chart pattern-- i.e. three tiers/levels of temps). 

Some people will see an implantation dip around 6-12 DPO, others won't. Most of us do see a drop in BBT, though, just prior to AF's arrival...

Apparently, according to my RE, I have textbook charts, so if you want, feel free to click on the chart in my siggy and troll through my charts to have a gander. 

GL this cycle-- so far, it's looking good!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedanieleandwayne:

GL this cycle-- so far, it's looking good!

Ditto

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Options
    Totally normal ... thats exactly what you want it to do ... in a couple of mths you will be able to pinpoint your O days! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your replies!
    Me 39, DH 40
    Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
    IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
    IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
    IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
    IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
    Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"