Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

any 11 monthers + have BAD separation anxiety?

How did or are you dealing with it?

Greta is going through some major separation anxiety right now (I hope to God this is the peak of it) and I just don't know what to do.  This came on like a light switch last week, but has now trickled into her night time sleep as well.  During the day she does not want to be put down or away from me at all or else she will start crying.  At night she usually sleeps very well (12 hours) - not only has she started waking up an hour earlier in the morning (unrelated), but last night she started screaming her head off (like she is now.)

I just don't know what to do.  I know it's a developmental stage and it will eventually pass, but damn.  : (

Re: any 11 monthers + have BAD separation anxiety?

• Options
    My DD was like that until about 6 months, and she just turned 12 months and it has returned with a vengeance.  During the day I make her say "up" before picking her up(which obviously is incompatible with crying) and that has helped a little- she starts asking to be up all the time but will wait a second without flipping out- I hope to stretch it out.  At night, like you, it has become ridiculous- she sits up and sobs until I go in and nurse her- nothing else will stop it and it's 3-4 times a night.  GOod luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"