Military Families
Options

Stuck in house....anyone else?

Im about to lose my cool... DH and I bought a brand new house 5 years ago when I graduated college and he "got out." FF 3 months and he gets recalled and starts his new assignment 6 months later... we were lucky in that he got I+I duty and weve been able to stay local for almost 5 years. We are due to PCS in August and put our house on the market in April, and still are not under contract. DH has been @ Lejeune for the last 2 months doing a course b/c he got promoted and had to have it done before PCS. I feel like Im at the end of my rope, I thought we'd be under contract by now and after being a "single" mother for the last two months Im sick at the thought of being stuck here. Any advice, anyone else in the same boat?
Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.

Re: Stuck in house....anyone else?

• Options

We are in the SAME place, and decided to rent our place vice selling it. Found a GREAT property manager, and now we have had the same renters for the last 18 months. Property manager takes care of everything for us! We are only informed if they need a repair, (our waterheater just exploded, and we needed to ok our insurance company to talk with property manager, he delt with EVERYTHING), or when contracts are up.

No issues, and we can wait for the market to bounce back (maybe???) before we try to sell again...

Look in to renting, I dont blame you for wanting to be close to the hubby.... Interview a few property managers and find one you gel with and who is very open and then go from there.!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    imagekfdecarie:

We are in the SAME place, and decided to rent our place vice selling it. Found a GREAT property manager, and now we have had the same renters for the last 18 months. Property manager takes care of everything for us! We are only informed if they need a repair, (our waterheater just exploded, and we needed to ok our insurance company to talk with property manager, he delt with EVERYTHING), or when contracts are up.

No issues, and we can wait for the market to bounce back (maybe???) before we try to sell again...

Look in to renting, I dont blame you for wanting to be close to the hubby.... Interview a few property managers and find one you gel with and who is very open and then go from there.!

Yep, all of this, especially the bolded.  Selling was not an option for us, but we have a fantastic property manager and it makes all the difference in the world!  We get enough in rent to cover our mortgage and the property manager has made it so easy, I literally never think about it, once a month there is just magically money in our account :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member

Yes, we rent our home in Utah and we live in Germany. We don't get our full amount in rent (there are tons of places to rent, so we had to be competitve to get someone in it) but it's pretty close.

We attempted to sell but the loss would have been too large.

We will never again buy a home while my husband is still in the military. It was the worse financial decision we have ever made and we will be paying for it for some time Sad

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Linz-ELinz-E member
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I looked into renting and honestly our property taxes are just too high to benefit at all from renting and wed lose money. I have it listed with our housing office just in case. Im also worried that we have a septic tank and if someone doesnt take care of it we could be out thousands of dollars in a few years. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"