Parenting after 35

Fire update & pic

Thought you'd like to see a pic from my back deck.  Taken last evening as the fire was making a run, so lots of dark smoke.  That white thing in the lower left corner is the top of the famous Air Force Academy chapel.  The fire is essentially just over that ridgeline.

From our house you can't see flames, but in the city itself it's really clear to see.  And smoky as helll.  Not that bad here.. I'm north of the city.

Firefighters have done an amazing job.  No injuries, only a tiny 10x12 shed at a campground was burned last night... no houses.  So far they've managed to keep the flames away from several small communities, especially Cascade, where they stopped it right on the edge of town.   They'll have 3 C130 tankers hitting the ridgeline that you see in my pic to keep it out of populated areas and the AFA.  Plus a whole bunch of small planes and copters down in the canyons.

Estimated containment.. July 16th.. ugh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fire update & pic

• That pic would be pretty if you didn't know the clouds were fire smoke. That stinks, hopefully you get rain soon. Fire smoke is awful.
  • mwdmwd member
    Your picture really illustrates how awful the fire can be, so awesome looking, but really knowing how terrible it can be.  Congrats to the firefighters who are keeping it well contained.  
  • Loading the player...
  • So scary. I hope the fire stays away from you and is contained really soon.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • That is so frightening!!  The amount of effort needed to contain it is amazing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Too bad 24 hours can make such a difference. On my phone so i can't post pics but winds shifted last night and now a lot of homes are burning. Very sad and even more so because it might be arson.
  • Are you down here too? Are you okay?
  • imageBrideBuddies:
    Are you down here too? Are you okay?
    yes, I'm in Pueblo so safe and sound. Sounds like you are pretty close? Hope you guys don't have to evac
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"