Secondary IF
Options

Not sure where to go....

I have a ten month old son who was born after nearly 4 years of infertility and loss. He's amazing and I'm am unbelievably happy and lucky to be his mom.

Meanwhile, all sorts of people both IRL and my online mom communities (like my BMB) are getting pregnant again. I'd love to have another baby. I'd love to have a bunch of babies. But, if we do, it's going to be another long process.

I don't know where to go to talk about this. I know on the infertility board there are many women waiting to be mommies. I'm no longer "pregnant after IF". But I'm technically not secondary IF either- I have had IF for the whole time.

What do you ladies think? I'd love to find a place. I'm really struggling with this. :(

TTC since 10/07
11 medicated cycles
including...
4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Not sure where to go....

• Options

You've found the right place - here! Smile

We are both those that have only 2nd IF and those that had Primary IF and are now also facing 2nd IF (or continued IF).  This is a wonderful and supportive board.  The best part is we all feel the same way, that our LO's are the most precious miracles and that we would like to repeat that if at all possible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yunk11yunk11 member

This board is a great place because there's such a diverse mix of ladies here. I look at this board as a place to come when I'm feeling like no one IRL understands. 

Also-Your siggy pic is ADORABLE!

View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageyunk11:

Thank you. :) And is that a boxer I spy in yours? I have two boxer babies as well as my son, G. :)

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageyunk11:

This board is a great place because there's such a diverse mix of ladies here. I look at this board as a place to come when I'm feeling like no one IRL understands. 

I agree this is a  wonderful board and a diverse group.  I, myself, don't really fit in perfectly to any one group.  Originally had no problems conceiving, experienced early loss, and then the devastating loss of my daughter from congenital heart disease, followed by apparent secondary IF, followed by another 1st trimester loss, now finding out I had endometriosis!  How's that for unique and complicated?? I have found this group to be very supportive and open.  

I also have to say your boxer siggy picture is precious.  I once had a boxer, he was such a sweet dog.   

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    yunk11yunk11 member
    Yep, that's my boxer that my husband creatively named "Tyson." He's a sweetheart and SO good with DD. He'll just lay there and let her climb all over him. My Golden, who I thought would be great with kids, runs away the minute DD gets within 2 feet of her (unless DD has food). :)
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • Options

Like the others have said, you are in the right place. I used an RE to get pregnant with my son and am now seeing her again to hopefully have another.

It was very hard for us to decide if we should be happy to have "just one" or to go down the long road of trying again. We hope that we know more now and that the porcess will be shorter. Actually, due to my age we won't try too much longer, but we have a plan and are happy with it.

The ladies on here are very helpful and supportive. Voice your concerns here knowing someone else probably feels the same way. I hope your journey the second time around is much shorter than your first.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

This is a very supportive board.  I felt unwelcome on other boards, but not here.  Thanks, Ladies!

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"