Parenting after 35
Options

Love being back home!!

We made our journey back to Canada a little over a month ago.   Emma was an angel on the trip.  It took us pretty much 4 10hr days of driving to get here and she maybe fussed for a total of an hour the whole trip.  The ipad with Sesame Street and The Wiggles downloads was a life saver!! 

We have been staying at my parents place, but we will be moving into our own place next weekend so we are so excited for that.  My sister has a 2nd home and their renters are moving out, so we are moving into there.  It will be nice to live somewhere with our own yard and in a place where we can finally paint and decorate a room for Emma.  It is in a smaller city and there are tons of recreational paths and parks right outside our door so we are really looking forward to being able to get out and get active again. 

Emma is being totally spoiled by her grandparents and aunties and is loving every minute of it!!!

Re: Love being back home!!

• Options
    Welcome back!!!  I hope it stops freaking raining for you to at least enjoy summer! Does your DH have work lined up yet?? Were you guys able to straighten out things so he can? You haven't started cheering for the Eskimos yet, I hope! Wink
  • Options

No he can't work and won't be able to until his PR gets approved 6-12 months from now.  But we are lucky that we are not going to have to be paying too much rent at my sisters place.  They need some work done on their place so we will do that for them in exchange for rent!!! 

The weather here has been pretty nice actually.  We haven't had the rain that you have had the past week. 

And since I am originally from Edmonton I already cheer for the Eskies!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I moved home to be close to family and friends long before TTC but now that I have children there is nothing better than family bonds!

Good luck with the new stage. 

• Options
    imagejigglyjelloo:

No he can't work and won't be able to until his PR gets approved 6-12 months from now.  But we are lucky that we are not going to have to be paying too much rent at my sisters place.  They need some work done on their place so we will do that for them in exchange for rent!!! 

The weather here has been pretty nice actually.  We haven't had the rain that you have had the past week. 

And since I am originally from Edmonton I already cheer for the Eskies!!

Lucky you guys!! There is flooding near us (not too near luckily), it's not nice. Bah, you can stay, even though you're a fan of the Eskies! I work with a girl that's on the cheer team there, I give her a hard time about it, but I'm not much of a Stamps fan, so it's not too bad!

I hope your DH gets approved soon! Someone is hiring firefighters next spring, no experience necessary, they train.

• Options
    steverstever member
    Yay! I'm glad it went well and am glad you're back.Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"