Postpartum Depression

Not quite sure whats going on...

My LO is 7 months old...for the first few weeks things were a mess but seemed to even out once I figured out a routine, got back to work, etc.

The last month or so I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.  My son is great and so easy, thank goodness...generally a very happy baby.  Myself...I just feel like I cant get ahead no matter what...I feel overwhelmed, spastic, angry (oh so angry), like I can hardly keep my head above water.  My husband seems to drive me batty the second he gets home...I feel like I am loosing control of myself and my life.

I will say that I have felt twinges of this for some time and actually thought it was my mirena making me act so nutso (along with other things)...so I had it removed a month ago...no help.

I have never gone thru anything like this before...I keep telling myself its just part of being a mom with a full time job, a farm, etc...that its just a part of life...but maybe its more than that?

I really dont know what to do...I guess I should really go see my OB but I feel so silly telling him I feel so overwhelmed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Not quite sure whats going on...

• It definitely doesn't hurt to talk to someone and find out if it's something more.  It took me a long time to realize that I was going through/had gone through PPD because I also thought it must be normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed as a mom.  I also had a lot of irritability, which was hurting my relationship with my husband.  Seeking help is always good when you're struggling.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MrsSRMrsSR member
    It doesn't hurt to talk to someone-you could be experiencing anxiety.
  • Loading the player...
  • You sound alot like me.  Sounds like PPA.  I also blamed it on my Mirena, baby blues, going back to work and being stressed, etc.  I finally worked thru on my own, but wish I had gone to a psych and gotten meds looking back...  I finally got on Zoloft after my m/c last yr, and it was the best decision I ever made.  If felt normal again.  I realize now I was naive, but I had PPA, as I am prone to anxiety and stress.  I too, took it out on DH.  I am experiencing antepartum depression now, which is loads of fun Sad  I am going to see a phsychiatrist who specializes in this, b/c I cant' let it get ahead of me this time.  I am determined to beat it!!  I would recommend seeing someone.  The great thing is, you are aware of it, and want to change.  That is the first step.

I will say, the one single thing that made my SO much better after DD was quitting breastfeeding.  I felt like a new woman, bye bye crazy hormones once I quit.  Not encouraging that, but it really worked for me.

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"